• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

> TUFTS' CANINE AND FELINE BREEDING AND GENETICS CONFERENCE

Dobs4ever

Hot Topics Subscriber
July 6, 2011
> Permission to Cross Post
>
> This announcement was on the AKC Parent Club list for distribution to all Parent Clubs and their members. It may be of interest to some of the members of DPCA.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jan Van Wormer
>
> TUFTS' CANINE AND FELINE BREEDING AND GENETICS CONFERENCE
> Friday, September 16 and Saturday, September 17, 2011 ~ Omni Parker House, Boston, MA
> 14.5 Continuing Education Credit Hours
> OPEN TO VETERINARIANS, TECHNICIANS, DOG AND CAT BREEDERS AND ENTHUSIASTS.
> Conference Director: Dr. Jerold S Bell - Director, Clinical Veterinary Genetics course at
> Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University and expert in breeding, pedigree analysis and genetic counseling.
> CONFERENCE SPEAKERS ARE:
> Dr. Lisa Barber Tufts' Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
> Dr. Jerold Bell Tufts' Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
> Dr. Lorna Kennedy University of Manchester School of Medicine (UK)
> Dr. Kerstin Lindblad-Toh Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
> Dr. Susan Little Bytown Cat Hospital
> Dr. Leslie Lyons UC-Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
> Dr. Cathryn Mellersh Animal Health Trust (UK)
> Dr. Jaime Modiano Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota
> Dr. Alice Moon-Fanelli Tufts' Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
> Dr. Cynthia O'Connor Slade Veterinary Hospital
> Dr. Mark Neff Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen)
> Dr. Heidi Parker National Human Genome Research Institute
> Dr. Mark Rishniw New York State College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell University
> Dr. Rachael Thomas North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine
> TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
> Gene Searching & Genetic Testing Behavior
> Cancer Breeding and Genetic Counseling
> SCHEDULE
> THURSDAY, SEPT. 15 6:00 PM-8:00 PM REGISTRATION
> FRIDAY, SEPT. 16 7 AM-6:00 PM CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, LUNCH, LECTURES
> SATURDAY, SEPT. 17 7 AM-6:00 PM CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, LUNCH, LECTURES
> FEES: The cost of the course is $215 per participant prior to August 21; $275 after August 21, 2011. Registration fee includes
> continental breakfast, lunch, and course notes on CD (printed instead are additional $10 charge). All fees must be paid with registration.
> ROOM RESERVATIONS: Contact the Omni Parker House directly at 1-800-THE-OMNI, identify yourself with Tufts Canine &
> Feline Breeding and Genetics Conference to receive discounted room rate.
> For more information please contact us at 508-887-4723 or EMAIL: VETCEINFO@TUFTS. EDU
> SPONSORED BY:
> Nestlé Purina PetCare
> REGISTRATION FORM 2011 TUFTS' CANINE AND FELINE BREEDING AND GENETICS CONFERENCE
> SEND form & payment to: Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, Office of Continuing Education, 200 Westboro Road, North Grafton, MA 01536
> NAME: ____________ _________ _________ _________ ___
> Are You A Veterinarian Technician OTHER_______
> EMAIL: ____________ _________ _________ _________ ___
> ARE YOU A TUFTS GRAD?
> Yes - year graduated: _______
> NO
> Prior to Aug 21 Post Aug 21, 2011
> Full Registrant: 215 275
> One Day: 150/day 185/day
> Please circle date attending: Fri 9/11 Sat 9/12
> PROCEEDINGS CHOICE
> Printed notes instead of CD (additional $10 charge) or
> CD (no additional charge)
> METHOD OF PAYMENT:
> CHECK - Make Payable to "Trustees of Tufts"
> Registration is available online at:
> http://cgi.vet. tufts.edu/ ce/registration/ register. rb
> ~ Credit Card payments accepted online
> MAILING ADDRESS: Business Home
> Address Line 1: ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
> Address Line 2: ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
> CITY________ _________ _________ _________ _____ STATE______ZIP_ _________ _____
> PHONE (Work / Home): ____________ _________ _________ __FAX:___ _________ ______
>
>

Ooh, that sounds interesting. It's probably be over my head though, haha. I'm working towards a certification for behaviorism and there are requirements for continuing education; I'll have to check and see if this would count. We're going to the PSD convention that is about the same time, so I'll have to see if I can convince hubby that it would be worthwhile to go. I'm very intersted in genetics, but I haven't really had the opportunity to learn much.

Thank you for posting this.

Back