Trying not to get too excited.

How cool! I recall seeing a pic of this girl before in the not-too-distant past. Looks gnarly (in a good way).

I'm trying hard not to get too excited too!!!...and not to ask a thousand questions!!
I'm very happy this could be happening!...She's a beauty!!...and I shall "patiently" wait for more details!!
Yay!

Applications are filled and we're officially on the list.

A year ago I wasn't sure if I could get another Doberman. After Daisy, it was too much to think about.
Thoughts that I'd be judging or comparing the new one to her, it wouldn't be fair. Or getting another would somehow, I don't know? Lessen who Daisy was to us?

I've come to some conclusions though.
Many of the things we enjoyed and miss so much in her, they're Doberman traits.
She had a few of her own that made her her, but the Doberman shined bright.

@Viemarangelrock
I know you're hurting now, so much.
You need to know, Kobi helped me come to that conclusion.
Watching him grow, and how darned similar he was to Rocky, looks, actions, being "the barky one" :D yet they were years apart and half a world away.
It put a perspective in view I hadn't totally seen before.

Now I feel I have to get another. It's taken some time to get here.
Its exciting and somewhat frightening.

A year ago I wasn't sure if I could get another Doberman. After Daisy, it was too much to think about.
Thoughts that I'd be judging or comparing the new one to her, it wouldn't be fair. Or getting another would somehow, I don't know? Lessen who Daisy was to us?
Oh absolutely not. Daisy will always be the special girl in your heart and with you in spirit. I have never compared them (speaking from personal experience) but the new pup will start a new chapter in your heart to help fill the void and she will be special to you in a whole new way, while nothing with the way you felt, and feel now will change about Daisy.

I'm so glad you're on the list and I can't wait for the updates as things progress!

How exciting! And there's no way to replace a dog even if anybody wanted to. They are all individuals. I agree on the general traits, but they are all unique. You are different that you were when you got your first dog too. I know I'm different and will raise my next dog differently than any other in the past.

IMHO Getting another Dobe honors Daisy. I figure if I had any breed dog and that dog turned out to be 'not the right dog' then I might consider a different breed next time. - Hope that makes sense. Getting another dog of the same breed means (to me) that dog showed you the best in the breed - enough to make you want another.

Back