1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Tribute Page

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Dobie Wan Knobie, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Dobie Wan Knobie

Dobie Wan Knobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I would like to start a Tribute page for those of us that have great memories of our dogs that have gone over the rainbow bridge. Please post photos and stories of those wonderful canines that have left an imprint in your heart that you will never forget.

This is Caesar. He was a gift from an employee of mine, and he was an awesome Dobe. I know nothing of his pedigree, and in a way you could say he found us as we were not even looking for a dog at the time he came into our life. He lived just short of 10 years, and oh the adventures we had. We did not breed him, he didn't have papers, but he will never be forgotten in our family, and in the lives of many that he touched. He helped to change the mind, or reeducate the mind, of many an individual that thought all Dobermans were mean spirited dogs that could not be trusted. I remember my wife's boss telling us that he would attack our grand-babies, because he is a Doberman and can't be trusted. Well he loved our kids and Grand-kids, and everyone else too. He just blew people away with his presence and temperament. The world is a better place because of the love he shared with all that knew him. Oh what a great dog he was! image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like the perfect Dobe. I also moved your thread to the Memorials section so others can find it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dobie Wan Knobie

Thanks, he was a good one.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GingerDobe09

GingerDobe09 Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry for your loss!
    This is my baby Ginger, she was my first Dobe and dog on my own. I had 3 Dobermans growing up but it was different with Ging. She was awesome and a mama's girl! Even at 75lbs she would lay on my chest like a baby! She would nose my arm when she came to bed until I let her under the blanket. She had such a crazy quirky personality and I miss her so damn much! Can't wait to see her again one day! image.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Dobie Wan Knobie

I'm so sorry for your loss, but it is good to hear about your memories.

• Like Like x 2
  6. GingerDobe09

Thanks Dobie.. It helps to talk about her for sure

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dobie Wan Knobie

Yes it does. We tell stories about Caesar all the time, and sometimes when I am out in the woods I can still feel him running around me chasing the scents he would follow. He looked so much like a Deer running and jumping through the brush with his fawn color that we had to put a hunters orange vest on him. I was afraid he would be shot by a hunter. I miss seeing that dog in his bright orange vest. I'll have to get some photos of that on here some time.

• Like Like x 5
  8. GingerDobe09

yes you definitely have to! I still feel Ginger around me but still doesn't seem real that she's gone.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry for your loss. He did indeed sound like a wonderful dog and they always take a piece of us with them when they go, but they'll always be in our heart.

I'll post some of our boy when I get home.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

This is my boy Chaos. He was my first dobe. In fact, as far as I know, my first pure bred dog. When I first met him, he was not in such a good place. His owner just didn't get it. So one day I just said this boy is not happy here. Let me take him home. Took me about a month before the guy gave up, but he did. Chaos came home and never looked back. He changed my life so completely. He was with me when I was diagnosed with MS. I think he even knew something was wrong before anyone else.

happy on the river.jpeg
    Such a happy boy

my best friend.jpeg
    He was always ay my side.

love my mom.jpeg
    Chaos loved everybody, but there was never any doubt he was my dog.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Dobie Wan Knobie

Thank you for sharing a little Chaos with us :) He was a great looking dog.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JanS

I've had this on my mind all day but realize I still have a hard time expressing my thoughts about our boy Boris.

When we got him we had lost our beloved GSP of almost 16 years and I just couldn't stand the fact that we didn't have a dog in our hearts and life. Our house was empty feeling so even though I was still mourning our loss I knew I couldn't have this void so we started doing research on my beloved breed, the Doberman. I found a breeder within driving distance of here and her site looked pretty impressive with the bloodlines and champions, not to mention the health guarantee and the rest you'd expect. Anyway we put a down payment on him and bought him. What we didn't know was that he came from a BYBer of sorts and he had no socialization with the outside world and had security issues, so it was a long process that required a lot of patience and time to pull him out of his shell.

He did so well and came so far, so we were very proud of him and in love. He returned that love 1000% and one fateful day in January 2011 his recall failed, he bolted own our long driveway and was hit by a car to be killed instantly. He was only 4 years old and he took a piece of our hearts with him.

This is a montage I put together before we lost him and I later added a little bit on to it after the fact. It's hard to watch without tearing up now.

Conked out on couch Apr 7 07.jpg

In front of Birch trees Oct 9 10 cropped sized.jpg

About the last photo I ever took of him before he went over the bridge.
    Looking cute in pod bed Jan 26 11 sized.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 9
  13. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

Sorry for all you who have lost your best friend I don't know how we get over it but we do and then proceed to start again just for the joy they bring, most of the pictures of my dogs are prints so I would have to scan some but this is one of my first Dobe she was named Dobby she was such a small Dobe but with a massive personality, I lost her at ten years old to cancer always in my heart.
    [​IMG]

I will lend to you for a while, a Doberman pup, God said
    For you to love him while he lives and mourn him when he's dead.
    Maybe for twelve or fourteen years, or maybe two or three.
    But will you, 'till I call him back, take care of him for me?
    He'll bring his charms to gladden you, and should his stay be brief,
    You'll always have his memories as solace for your grief.
    I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return,
    But there are lessons taught below I want this pup to learn.
    I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true,
    And from the folk that crowds life's land, I have chosen you.
    Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labor vain,
    Nor hate me when I come to take my Dobie back again.
    I fancied that I heard them say "Dear Lord Thy Will Be Done",
    For all the joys this Dobe will bring, the risk of grief we'll run.
    We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may,
    And for the happiness we have known, forever grateful stay.
    But should you call him back much sooner than we've planned
    We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.
    If, by our love, we've managed, your wishes to achieve,
    The memory of him and his love, will help us while we grieve.
    When our faithful bundle departs this world of strife
    We'll have yet another Doberman and love him all his life.

• Like Like x 6
  14. GingerDobe09

oh Jan I am so sorry about Boris totally made me bawl!!

Judith thats an awesome poem and also made me tear up!!

its so hard losing a pet but I can't imagine not having another doggie especially if we get another like Ginger! I like the quirky spunky talkative in your face Dobe's! RIP to all of our babies! Bet they are up there rough housing with eachother!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dobie Wan Knobie

Jan, I am so sorry to hear about Boris. Thanks for sharing him with us on this Tribute page.

Thank you Judith for sharing with us your Tribute about Dobby, and the Doberman poem.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dobie Wan Knobie

After Image: Footprints in the snow of Caesars last winter. He loved to run through the snow, no matter how cold it was. But he would shiver like crazy when we got inside trying to warm up.
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  17. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 4
  18. JanS

This is one of my favorite tributes to of all of our babies who have gone over the bridge.

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
    I saw a wonderous image then of a place that's trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
    Were meadows rich and beautiful--lush and green and wide!
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
    My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
    'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
    We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
    So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.
    Author Unknown

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dobie Wan Knobie

Great tribute Gelcoater on you other page. Thanks for sharing. Our dogs truly do live on in our memories.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dobie Wan Knobie

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2