Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Treat recommendations for “turn around” activity

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Duchess_The_Doberman, Oct 28, 2019.

1. I recently bought my Doberman the turn around tube activity but most of her treats don’t fit or doesn’t work quite right with the lids on. Anyone have any recommendations for treats to use with this toy?

Attached Files:

2. Lizbeli

Lizbeli Hot Topics Subscriber

Cool toy. Use regular kibble. If it pours out at a decent rate you might even be able to feed her a whole meal with this. Toys like this is a good way to stimulate their dobie brains!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I tried to use regular kibble but it doesn’t interest her as much as the treats..

4. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

If she only gets feed with it she will quickly become interested in it. :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Lizbeli

Lizbeli Hot Topics Subscriber

I imagine training treats would be the best fit. They are normally small and round. But honestly I would feed her kibble in these.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Silent Dobe

Silent Dobe Well-Known Member

I agree with the kibble but if you do not want to go that route I suggest Zuke's training treats they are very small and consistently shaped. I used them in the Kong Wobbler and they were even a bit too small.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

You can add a few special treats (cheese?) into the bottles. That way she can smell it but she is mostly rewarded with regular kibble. Over time phase out the special pieces. Another idea is to wet the kibble but that might frustrate her so much that she paw slaps the toy ;) Also, make sure she does not unscrew the lids and swallow them if they are small. Do you have a pic of your Dobe using the toy? I looked up the dimensions and I’m imagining Kaiser bulldozing right through this toy :D :woot2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Bogie would put his big mouth on that and have it downstairs in demolition mode.:facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. 0EB82361-380A-49A7-BA00-FE66D9129BB2.jpeg FB0F22C2-4C2C-43F2-957E-C9D25F80A9B1.jpeg D09454EB-864E-4726-B92E-18B13D15EC76.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. I don’t let her play with it unattended so she’d never get the top off or take it anywhere. I’m going to try the only food thing to see before I buy treats.

12. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Hm, those holes in the lids look pretty big (good size) to me. It also looks like the kibble will easily fit and fall out if she works for it - I’d say don’t make it too easy on her with smaller treats.

Also, you will want to get away from Science Diet and especially from the large breed puppy food. How old is she? Put her on something that is All Life Stages or Adult, and is rated 4 or 5 stars from the dog food advisor site.

13. She’s 1 she’ll be two in the coming year. I’ve read that she should eat puppy food until two. Believe me I’ve tried switching her from what the breeder gave me (science diet) but she has such a sensitive stomach. I’ve tried slowly switching her food but still horrible diarrhea.

14. Skatchkeb

Skatchkeb Member

It sounds like you need to stop projecting your thoughts on your dog. If theyre spoiled then they run the house. Use her food as a treat. And no puppy food.

15. What thoughts am I projecting onto my dog?

16. Skatchkeb

Skatchkeb Member

Shes not interested. Her food. Just sounds like youre giving in alot. My vet told me to ditch puppy food at 4 months. Just make her work for her kibble. She has to eat at some point.

17. I’m not sure how me saying she’s not as interested in her food being in the toy sounds like I give in a lot.. Anyway thanks for the advice but I know what works best for my girl.

18. Skatchkeb

Skatchkeb Member

Then why ask

19. Skatchkeb

Skatchkeb Member

And honestly your dogs going to be 2 and is still on puppy food. The situation, the toy, all sounds weird. Good luck.

20. If you scroll to the top my question is “Anyone have any recommendations for treats to use with this toy?”