Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Traumatized puppy

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by DobieMom2020, Jun 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Looks good! I can't tell for sure but you could have a problem with them popping out since they might not be deep enough into the canal.

2. DobieMom2020

DobieMom2020 New Member

Great, thank you for letting me know. We’ll keep an eye on it, and see how it goes. Next wrapping, we’ll be sure to push them down further!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I think it looks great! Not to be contrary with others but I used the more tape when it was rainy and muddy outside.

Ragnar was always a rough pup and was into everything. By using more tape, I was able to keep the inside of his ears clean from mud and debris.

The one thing that I would discourage is the use of vet wrap/tape. It tends to constrict the longer it’s on and will most definitely shrink if it gets wet. Don’t want to inadvertently cut off circulation.

C8A8AE74-09B1-492A-BC25-829B891EF597.jpeg

AE6A23E7-FAE1-4E4D-989E-40F2223D0127.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow x 1
  4. DobieMom2020

DobieMom2020 New Member

Wow, thanks for letting me know! I saw a different article that advocates for the vet wrap. I forgot which one it was though.
    I’ll be sure to keep an eye on it, he’s just had a lot of irritation from the glue the vet had used before, I wanted to keep it free from more adhesive.

5. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Just dropping in to say

:dc: From Riverside, Ca.

I’ve no advise on taping ears as mine are not cropped. Don’t read too much into that. Circumstances;)

I looked and could not find.
    Any members here have a link to @Marinegeekswife video on posting?

Lots of info here @DobieMom2020
    Take some time to explore the site.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dogs4Life

Dogs4Life Notable member

My wife and I freaked out our first few times too. Just lots of treats and praise and he will eventually not even care. Just remember to remain calm lol.

After a month or so you'll feel like a pro and he'll act like one too.

Best of luck and welcome from Michigan!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I have to agree. Anytime someone says vet tape I get a little worried. LOL it can be great stuff, but easy to get it too tight. And then there's the shrinkage Factor.

Cute litte guy!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes, AMD posted it on page one of this thread.

That's one of those things I've read a lot too but after posting 4 Dobermans I've found that the regular porous cloth tape is way better.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DobieMom2020

DobieMom2020 New Member

good to know, we definitely will take that into consideration. We just want some of his skin to heal from the first vet wrapping.