• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Training Buttons for your Dog

Tropicalbri's

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
9636F98B-D2A2-47D7-8EF5-3C391542A6B6.jpeg9F88983D-320D-4956-ABD0-471F074193FC.jpeg84BCEDD9-8C4C-4010-82CF-DB8F222B8CDC.jpeg
0B5E7FE5-A69F-41D8-B6BB-513A3E63DCF1.jpeg
These are dog training buttons. You record into the button the word associated with the action you want by pressing the button, after recording press the button again and you will hear the command you recorded.
For size I put it in my hand but must add, my hand is larger than the average female hand. Hope it gives you reference for size.

Place them spaced sporadically on a rubber mat and give a command that you want and press the button until they learn association with it.

It’s designed to develop a verbal communication with your dog.

This was developed with scientists attempting to determine the cognitive abilities of dogs to communicate with us.How Bunny the dog is pushing scientists’ buttons

Wow this is really intriguing to me! I hope you keep us updated on it.
I bet that really exercises the mind.

Wow! A few years ago I made 12x12 cardboard signs with the words printed on them and can hold a sign up and the Sinisters perform what they see. The signs my girls know are: SIT, DOWN, STAY, WRAP, SWING and STAND. I really like these buttons, I am going to get some and see if they learn quicker or slower than they did with the signs. These are in color, whereas my signs are white with black letters. I wonder if the colors would make a difference in their learning? It will be interesting to find out. I also think these may be more fun as they will have to interact with the buttons, or am I wrong in thinking the dog learns to press the button? I really like that the buttons give them an opportunity to ask for something, such as a treat!

Wow! A few years ago I made 12x12 cardboard signs with the words printed on them and can hold a sign up and the Sinisters perform what they see. The signs my girls know are: SIT, DOWN, STAY, WRAP, SWING and STAND. I really like these buttons, I am going to get some and see if they learn quicker or slower than they did with the signs. These are in color, whereas my signs are white with black letters. I wonder if the colors would make a difference in their learning? It will be interesting to find out. I also think these may be more fun as they will have to interact with the buttons, or am I wrong in thinking the dog learns to press the button? I really like that the buttons give them an opportunity to ask for something, such as a treat!
That is so incredible and awesome what you have taught your girls. Wow

Yes these are designed for them to learn to step on the button to hear the word in your voice.
Once they understand then they can step on a button to communicate a desire. Of course they must learn and know which button to step on to get what they want.
Legend used his nose since he is very forceful with jamming his nose into things.
Bacall learned quick to step on the button but I started out with the treat button. Hahahaha

I'm so looking forward to your reports on this training/game with your dogs!!!

Personally, I'd be afraid to open up a new way for Asha to tell me what to do. :rofl::rofl:

I'm so looking forward to your reports on this training/game with your dogs!!!

Personally, I'd be afraid to open up a new way for Asha to tell me what to do. :rofl::rofl:
I was thinking this too. PLAY, PLAY, PLAY, PLAY, PLAY, TREAT, TREAT, PLAY, PLAY, PLAY! I think Jazz would learn to misuse the OUTSIDE button too when she felt like a midnight ramble!

I do really like the idea though and can't wait to see how Bacall and Legend use them!

I've seen these around social media! Very excited to follow your progress with training them and see which dog uses what buttons the most!

Back