1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Today’s discussion on longevity! Caloric restriction⏰, nutrition, fasting, stress why is coconut

Discussion in 'Nutrition News and Articles' started by strykerdobe, Jan 8, 2020.

1. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Lots of great info!

Planet Paws — at Creator’s Lounge.
    November 24, 2019 · Dartmouth, NS, Canada ·
    Today’s discussion on longevity! Caloric restriction⏰, nutrition, fasting, stress why is coconut oil toxic to dogs and much more...

Dog is Good was live.
    November 24, 2019 at 11:01 AM · ·

Dog is Good Lifestyle Show: Rodney Habib, Fueling Your Dog for Longevity

We're digging into how to improve the quality and longevity of life for your pets through wellness, nutrition and lifestyle!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It is?

Disclosure: I haven't watched the vid yet.

3. strykerdobe

When you get a chance lots of great info in the video.

NO its not! Some of the testing they do are in such large amounts some things can be.

Will tell you one thing about coconut oil. This happened to us.

One time we were in Vegas at a pet convention for retailers. Our baby sitter called us. She said our one male counter surfed and knocked (Kirkland brand) a very large plastic jar of coconut oil off the counter. The plastic lid cracked open. Needless to say our male had diarrhea and a coconut dripping butthole for a week. With the amount he ate. Luckily Dr. Karen Becker was close by and we asked her about it. She said if it would have been any other kind of oil he probably would have gotten Pancreatitis and could have died!

We have been feeding coconut oil for years with no issues.

• Wow x 1
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Good to know cuz I feed it too! A spoonful (maybe a Teaspoon) on days I don't feed sardines. The same Costco plastic tub. :) How much do you feed?

5. strykerdobe

1 Tsp 2x's a day.
    The amount of supplements depends on the dog.

In the video I think they were talking about an article that was in Dogs Naturally Magazine on Why Coconut oil is bad.
    I have to look that one up.