Throw Back Thursday

MyBuddy

Hot Topics Subscriber
Is this throwback Thursday? LOL Just a few pictures that I happen to find of our first doberman, Duke. I was going through a drawer and saw these printed out photos. How unusual, huh? LOL Something printed! Anyway I took a picture of those pictures so, of course they are not the best quality. The photo says 2003. So he was 8 years old. We were visiting my mom.

Me and my first Boy.
20220913_083845.jpg

Looks like out front of our property with my husband. We had just built our house in 2001 and moved in in the summer of 2002. So Landscaping was far beyond what it is now LOL
20220913_084512.jpg

This was a little beagle that showed up on the property. It was the girl next door's dog. I've forgotten all about him til now. So funny how it seems like a distant memory now, after 20 years. But I remember how easy going he was and him and Duke used to walk around like old friends.
20220913_092800.jpg

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Do we have to wait for Thursdays to post?

It could be a fun tradition to be patient and wait until Thursdays and then fun for everyone to tune in to this thread on Thursdays! Discussions can happen any time though!

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
It could be a fun tradition to be patient and wait until Thursdays and then fun for everyone to tune in to this thread on Thursdays! Discussions can happen any time though!
That sounds perfect! Like I have nothing to do besides go look through boxes of paper photos from years ago. :rolleyes: But I will.
This is all Dobermans or any pets or any blast from the past?

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
From 1993 here's my first Doberman puppy named Dietrich (I'd have to look even further back for my very first Doberman that I got as a young adult). I named her after Marlene Dietrich, the famous German actress/singer. Dietrich's sire was German working lines, her dam was pretty much American pet bred.

I was advised to get a kennel for house breaking, so I got a Veri-Kennel and before she was 5 months old I'd taken it apart and made it into her bed. My sister was quilting at the time and made her a "baby quilt". I'm one of those people who keep things, and when Asha came to me in 2019 she used the same kennel for a bed and still has the same baby quilt now almost 30 years old.

IMG_2142.JPG

Ddski5

Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
On the left is Tiger- a Maine Coon cat. We had him for a long time. Strange that he developed a cancerous blister on the base of his tail and passed. He was huge….We would medicate him to knock him out and I would shave his body leaving his mane and head alone. Tiger was a mean shit, didn’t like too many folks and would let them know it too. I was very surprised when he went to lay next to Alex- thus me taking this picture.

Alex was my last yellow lab, he was a pound rescue that was good as gold. Such a wonderful soul he was. He found me and helped me through some post military rough times.

1663857147844.jpeg

LifeofRubie

I think I've posted a picture of her before but this was/is Vega, my first rescue Dobe.

I say was/is because I don't know if she's still alive, unfortunately. A jerk of an ex basically stole her from me to get 'back at me.' These photo's are from 2014 when she was 1. She was a spunky and incredibly sweet dog!

1899290_654227576331_368688599_o.jpg

10515164_671741383521_3133909864031723859_o.jpg