Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Throat Whistle

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by jack6hd, Nov 6, 2019.

1. jack6hd

jack6hd New Member

If I'm not in the room when my male wants out, he lets out what sounds like a high pitch whistle to alert me. Anyone else heard of this?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Unless I'm not understanding something here, that description sounds like one of the variations of a whine. Have I heard (of) it? YES!!!!!!!!!!!
    :) :machinegun: :)

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Omg yes. Jasper whines every morning. He is always in a rush to go to the park. Sometimes it sounds more like a whistle. If he does it in my ear I swear the sound waves will burst my ear drum.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

:tap:Yes!!!!! That is our bed song, and I have to go out, with foot stomping while laying down staring at me:groan:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Ah the twilight zone noises. I was calling it a nose whistle but throat whistle works too! Either way, so annoying, right? Have you discovered the howling yet? :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Music to our ears...
    Whistling, whining, gurgling, howling, etc- all at once.

A Doberman singing.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Oh Little Oji

Oji can produce a very small whine (his quietest whistle) when he knows I am mad at him and/or I have given the silent command. (By the way, the silent command is not possible to enforce in some dogs, because they do not realize they are whining).

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Lol the conciliation whistle...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Silent Dobe

Silent Dobe Well-Known Member

I call it Vex's cricket noise. He does this when he's excited but trying to show restraint lol!

10. Oh Little Oji

Ha. It's not that he's trying to make nice with me. It's that he realizes he should not push me further at that time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. jack6hd

jack6hd New Member

I get howling every time the local fire siren goes off. Throws his head skyward and lets it rip.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

Jazz has only howled once in her life, nearly 2 1/2 yrs, and it was when a lot of Dingos, (Australian wild dogs), were singing in the early morning. She wasn't very loud and it didn't last long, but it was the most beautiful sound! Raised the hairs on the back of my neck.

They sure do know how to communicate, they even have the teenage type "huff" going on at times. You know the one where they throw themselves down in disgust and let out that huge "phweeeeessssshhhhh", usually when you are insisting they cease and desist with something they want to do! Luckily I don't have to put up with too much whistling and whining, mostly just under the breath. :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

The huff is another one! It is kinda like teenage protest isn’t it lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Oh Little Oji

Oji's my first howler. Emergency vehicle sirens. Tornado sirens. Violin playing. I've posted a few videos to the Random Video thread in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Never had a whiner and I thankful for that. Rumor used to make the strangest noise when she was playing as a pup. It was sort like a scream, kind of hard to describe. Now she is the quietest dog ever. She does have a deep bark, sounds more like a male.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  16. Oh Little Oji

Could you please pick out my next Doberman for me? All of yours have loved to swim and have not been whiners?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Both mine have what I call their ‘Windsong’. All noises made from their wind pipe. :D
    Bogie has a pitch perfect howl when he hears a siren. Bacall doesn’t howl.

The groaning and heavy sighing is the biggest with the twins. It’s a total groan fest. Lol
    If I make a groan sound they will automatically groan too. what is maddening is one of the birds mimics Bacall’s whine perfectly. Drives me nuts!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Wow x 1
  18. Oh Little Oji

So, she matches the notes?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Absolutely perfectly. It’s freaky to hear him do it.

• Wow x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I still can’t get over the wing slap to Bogies face :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2