• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Thoughts about interceptor plus

What are your thoughts on Interceptor plus? Any cons? Any health concerns you come across while using this product?

My vet told me my dog should be on Heartworm medication due to our life style (we go hiking frequently) i live in california we are mosquitoes arent a big thing like in florida or texas but was advised to be on HW medication since we hike.

I was reading the side effects on interceptor plus
But i want to know if you use this is it good? Any health concerns like liver issues, kidneys etc…

I don't have any experience with it since we always use Heartgard.

I have my dobes on interceptor and don't have any issues with it. The only difference is interceptor prevents whipworms where Heartgard does not. And interceptor is safe for lactating females but thats not an issue for most owners.

How is heartguard? Any issues?

Heartgard has been around the longest of them all and is by default the most well tested one there due to the number of years it has been in use.

Also the only one with a guarantee to pay for the treatments if it does fail and your dog becomes infested with a new strain that is somehow resistant.

Back