• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

This is a serious reader beware..... really!

I Am Famous Now

I was born today. One of 10. My daddy was very famous. I have lots of half brothers and sisters. My mother is very famous. Since she got famous, she has only had puppies. No more loving hands, no more fun trips...just puppies. She is always sad when they leave her.

I left home today. I didn't want to go, so I hid behind my mama and my three littermates that were left. I didn't like you. But one day they said I would be famous. I wonder; is famous the same as fun and good times? So you picked me up and carried me away, even though you were concerned about me hiding from you. I don't think you liked me.

My new home is far away. I am scared and afraid. My heart says BE BRAVE. My ancestors were. Did they go to good homes like mind? I'm hungry because I can't eat too much because it will be bad for my bones. I can't bite or snap when the children are mean to me. I just run and play and pretend I am in a big green field with butterflies and robins and frogs. I can't understand why they kick me. I am quiet, but the man hits and says loud things. The lady doesn't feed me good things like I had with my mother. She just throws dry food on the ground, then goes away before I can get too close for touching and petting.

Sometimes my food smells bad, but I eat it anyways. Today I had 10 puppies. They are so wonderful and warm. Am I famous now? I wish I could play with them, but they are so tiny. I am so young and playful that it is hard to lay here in this hole under the house nursing my puppies. They are crying now. I am so hungry. I scratch and worry my fur. I wish someone would throw me some food. I am also very thirsty. I now have eight. Two got cold during the night and I couldn't make them warm again. They are gone. We are all very weak. Maybe if I take them out on the porch, we can get some food. Today they took us away. It was too much trouble to feed us and someone came to take us away. Someone grabbed my puppies, they were crying and whimpering. We were put in a truck with boxes in it. Are my babies famous now? I hope so, because I miss them. They are gone.

The place smelled of urine, fear and sickness. Why was I here? I was beautiful, like my ancestors. Now I am hungry, dirty, in pain and unwanted. Maybe the worst is unwanted. No one came though I tried to be good.

Today someone came. They put a rope on my neck and led me to a room that was very clean and had a shiny table. They put me on the table. Someone held me and hugged me. It felt so good!!! Then I felt tired and laid over the last one who cared. I AM FAMOUS NOW. Today someone cared.

Author Unknown

So sad, but also a sad reality of what goes on out there. :(

You are right. As much as this stuff makes us sad, it is extremely effective at awakening people who are blind to the problems that surround them. We need truckloads of this emotionally over-whelming stuff.

Those ASPCA commercials have already proved how affective showing animals in distress can be towards your agenda. Not saying I agree with ASPCA, just how effective there stuff can be on the unaware.

Is this a HSUS or ASPCA commercial??? It would like to make you think ALL situtations are like this and they just are not but it sure pushes all the buttons.

What a disturbing and heartbreaking story! This depresses me to no end. This is why my home is filled with rescues. It hard to think of them not having love or happiness in their lives. Too bad my space is limited.no one or nothing should be treated that way!!!

Not trying to take away from your thread, but I
had to post this poem..........VERY SAD.

He Will Come

Don't close the door
Don't push me away
Why are you leaving?
Don't make me stay.

Slow down the car
I can't keep up
This pavement is hot
and my pads are cut.

I've got to quit running
or my heart will pop
Every muscle is aching
why didn't you stop?

I'm so hungry and thirsty
Darkness is near
But I shouldn't leave
He will come for me here

Several weeks have passed
I'm dead on my feet
They call me a nuisance
because I eat off the streets

Every car that passes
I chase it to see
If it is my master
coming for me

Though I approach
those that come near
With trust in my eyes
and no sign of fear

With hate in their voices
and a cold, heartless stare
They threaten to kill me
They don't even care

Batter my body
with rocks that they throw
I will not leave
He will come, Don't you know.

Overtaken with weakness
my body is numb
I'm sick and so lonely
Oh please, let him come!

I will go back
to where he first threw me out
I'll wait for him there
He will come, no doubt

My thoughts are fading
My chest feels like lead
I'm sleepy, so sleepy
I can't lift my head

It's so quiet, so peaceful
all remains still
There is my master
at my home on the hill

Yes, I can see him
He's calling my name
His voice is so gentle
His hands are the same

He decided he wants me
Things will be fine
I really do love him
that master of mine.

My tail wags with pleasure
I can't catch my breath
He came in my dreams
but so did my Death

I so didn't need to read this today:(

As I read and my heart broke,Daisy got up from looking out the back door and came over and rested her head in my lap.How do they know?

Gel while the stories are touching and are certainly about inhumane treatment - they have are just too much like the HSUS PETA and ASPCA commercials for my personal feelings.

Dogs don't think about being famous and they don't care - they work because they have a unique desire to please their owners and as such we should take very good care of them. I will do it because it is the right thing to do not because someone tries to push a lot of buttons and emotions.

I thought the same,just didn't want to dirty the waters;)

Who cares where it came from? The point is that animals are treated badly even cruelly all the time. No dogs don't think like a human etc etc. but that is how we humans make a point.

I thought it was very sad and heart wrenching. :(

I care Katja - because every one who falls into the trap is another nail in the coffin for our dogs. Because it inflames and raises false emotions based on propaganda. That is what I oppose. There will always be bad - I feel just as sorry for those who want to dwell on it and let it cripple their lives that they have trouble functioning. It is not good to live with such saddens day in and day out. It taints clear thinking. If more people dwelt on postiive ways to help instead of just destroy all we might acutally make a difference.

Back