Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

The Real Alpha

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Ddski5, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Caught on camera: Grizzly bears fight in northern B.C.
    Ian Holliday , CTV News Vancouver
    Published Saturday, September 21, 2019 3:34PM PDT
    Last Updated Sunday, September 22, 2019 11:45AM PDT
    [​IMG]
    The video, posted Friday on Facebook by Cari McGillivray, was recorded on the Stewart Cassiar Highway. (Cari McGillivray/Facebook)

A rarely seen sight unfolded right in front of a B.C. woman's camera recently: Two grizzly bears fighting on the highway in the province's north.

Cari McGillivray posted the video on FacebookFriday afternoon, writing: "Don’t normally post on here but thought I’d share this incredibly rare and amazing moment with all you guys of these grizzlies fighting!"

The link goes to Facebook. For those that don’t do Facebook, here is the YouTube link.

McGillivray didn't indicate in her initial post where or when the video was taken, but wrote in the comments that it was recorded on the Stewart Cassiar Highway between Stewart and Meziadin Junction.

Stewart is a town of roughly 500 people near the Alaska border.

The video begins with the two bears growling and roaring at each other. They each stand up on their hind legs and move onto the roadway, grappling with each other as they move.

In the distance, a wolf can be seen watching the proceedings.

The video ends with one of the bears chasing the other toward the camera.

As of Saturday afternoon, the video had been viewed more than 100,000 times and generated thousands more reactions and shares on Facebook.

• Wow x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

They move a bit slower than Dobermanns but they are vocal/whiny like dobes.
    The chest shove of the smaller black one had the bigger lighter colored one retreating but looks like he (light color one) got the upper hand when chasing the black one toward the camera.
    I don’t think I would have wanted to be the camera person with them running toward me. I would need some fresh undies.
    That’s a rare encounter for sure. Great capture on film!

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

Wowsers! Gosh that smaller one was ballsy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I had to go back and look for the wolf! LOL my eyes were on the 2 bears! The bigger one was really huge! I would not want to be too close to either one of them and when they started running toward the camera I about:poop:! And then the video ends so you wonder where that woman was! I hope it was in a vehicle!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I’d never even heard of the town! It’s a 16 hour drive away from us but they hang out near here too. We saw a grizzly mom with her cubs crossing the highway once. She was walking along fine until Kaiser started barking then she was running. Even in a car you don’t feel safe because they can totally trash your vehicle if threatened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow that sounds and looks exactly like our two playing in slow motion. LOL Della is the smaller one and she can take Albert down in a single motion. Maybe not anymore but she could as of a couple months ago.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Here’s the grizzly mom getting ready to cross the street from the left. Dawn and dusk are risky times. Here the sun was setting.
    1B66A901-9853-4BAD-B75B-E05E6AFF0285.jpeg

They crossed over walking normal.
    8ABFED9B-5D54-4E01-99DF-CB6F94E220CC.jpeg

0637701A-7884-4527-B683-F3A6230938A0.jpeg

Kaiser started barking here so they ran.
    F5CCB5A3-40F4-46CD-B704-A22A16024ED1.jpeg

• Wow x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

I'm glad we saw the grizzly in yellowstone but he was probably a football field away and otherwise occupied with eating. That was close enough for me :D Watching him run up a hill toward the carcass... no wonder their encounters can turn so bad so quick. They are FAST for looking so awkward!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

They are faster than what we think. Amazing shots, makes you think about our vulnerability even in a car. Definetly need to be aware.:blush-alt:

11. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Ya even this close was very scary. I kept some speed just in case any of the bears turned towards the car. My hb wanted me to slow down so he could take better pics :rolleyes:

Then there’s this guy:

081EEA72-4D20-4B45-98BE-572C0BE17A57.jpeg

• Wow x 3
  12. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

And then the bear ate him, knee slap, big laugh, shades of Ron White:weird: