Hot Topics Subscriber
The Pros of Partial SpayBy
February 13, 2013
Spaying has become such a standard practice that many of us don’t give it a second thought. We know it’s absolutely necessity to help stem pet overpopulation. In fact, spaying has been the key factor in reducing the number of euthanized dogs and cats from 23.4 million in 1970 to just under 3...
Lots and lots of great info here.
Hormone-sparing sterilization methods ensure population control while guarding the lifetime wellbeing of dogs.
- Promoting choice for optimal animal health
- What’s wrong with spaying and neutering pets?
- How does spaying and neutering impact health?
- How is ovary-sparing spay (OSS) performed?
- How is vasectomy performed?
- Other sterilization options for males
- Don’t hormones cause undesirable dog behavior?
- Benefits to shelters and veterinarians
- Identification of dogs with hormone-sparing sterilization
- What about dogs who have already had a spay or neuter?
- Take Action
- Additional Resources
- Veterinarians Offering Alternative Methods of Contraception