The Goofy Dobie

Skb

Hot Topics Subscriber
I just got back from taking my boy on our daily run/ hike. I can't count the times I had to stop bc I was laughing so hard. He is so goofy and entertaining. Its one of my favorite things about him. My question is, are all dobies goofy? Do they all have this sense of humor? I know all have different personalities but it seems like most have at least some goofy in them. So many of you all have these regal, magnificent looking beasts:) Its hard to imagine them being goofy but that's what's so awesome. Do you think Mr. Dobermann's dobermans had a little goofy in them or is this something that came along later? Which breed that makes up the dobie do you think brings this trait

Can't answer all the why's but can definitely vouch for the goofy trait. When I was visiting my friends earlier in the year Jazz was playing around the yard and back deck with their dog. After watching for a few minutes the comment was, "she's not very coordinated is she?". Actually she was doing that flat out zoomie run with the bum tucked in toungue out and legs flailing everywhere. Picture a baby giraffe playing. :rofl:

Ragnar was goofy until about 15months.

Now he is Mr Serious always scanning and looking.

My 4month old- Freyja is a really goofy little shit. She runs around whipping, flipping and twirling. Very funny to watch.

That's what attracted me to Dobies. I'm a sucker for puppies. The people whose farm my horse was on called me one afternoon to tell me they bought a Dobie puppy. I drove down to see him and he was cute as anything playing in front of the mirrors of the exercise studio the wife had. I bought his sister that night. Each of my seven Dobies were goofy in their own way.

I have one of those serious ones, she was a year old before I got a photo for the "Derpy Photo" thread. She does do that head stand thing: presses her head into the rug and butt in the air, like a play bow, but with her head between her front legs. When she does this she moans and makes noises that could be used as a background sound for a horror movie. It generally only lasts a minute or so and if I move or reach for a camera it's all over. She gets the zoomies, but I don't call that Dobe-goofy since most breeds get zoomies. And she loves to roll in the grass, flip-flopping. Other than that, all business.

Back