Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

The good and the bad puppy

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by NamVetJoe, Sep 5, 2019.

1. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

The good pee and poop OUTSIDE. The bad 6 chew toys to chose from yet he seeks out every other thing you can think of to chew.

• Funny Funny x 8
  2. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Hot Topics Subscriber

And it's only just started. I foresee this thread becoming a lot longer as time goes by! :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

And that is the easy part. :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Only 6 toys??? LOL
    Pile of toys in box Oct 22 16.JPG

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

well we upped it to 8 toys, only one he seems to really like is the squeaky one and of course at 6 AM

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

I found the sqeaky and the crunchy, with the plastic bottles or paper inside, are the favorites. Dobes are aggressive chewers, anything stuffed lasts five minutes. Stay sturdy, chewy.com has some good ones. He likes this tire a lot and he just chews and chews. Nylabone is good too, it works for the tough chewing.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

Thank you. He also loves to walk at my side. That would be great if he was on my left side which is where I prefer him to walk. BUT no come hell or high water he insists on walking on my right side:pullhair:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Soon he’ll be weaving in front of you, laying on top of you, trying to climb your body, then comes the freight train pulling...are we having fun yet? :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. WILD ACE

WILD ACE Member

maybe they are like left handed people. i have a boy that prefers to walk on my right side as well. he will be 2 here very soon and we still battle this. if he has a training collar on and we are in public he will heel to my left side. but in free walking while off leash camping or any other time he says in a heel but only on my right . come to think of it while we are running he always runs on my right too ( him running !! me on golf cart as a 3 mile run on gravel road would for sure kill me )

10. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Yes, the tyre is fab! It’s lived through two Dobermanns and still going strong.

11. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

I did a little research as I have always heard a dog should walk on your left. Seems in the old days there were many more right-handed people walking their dog on their left. This allowed you to use your dominant hand for a weapon if need be. Today it’s the opposite if you are right-handed you want to control your dog with your dominant hand hence on your right side

@Kais2016 With all due respect MY puppy is way ahead of the curve. He is already weaving in front of me laying on top of me and pulls like a freight train
    :rp:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

Is there something wrong with me? Buddy walls on my right side where I want him. I cross the lead to left hand and use tea cup hold. It is great, he hugs my right side, has to brush head against my leg. We have a problem, I stop, he stops then corrects himself. You know, you can also get on a horse from right or left.

13. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

14. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

Oops I. Goofed"........Meant to quote then say GREAT for the research. No need for a weapon, he's walking beside me. Ha ha. I definetly need my dominat side with him. He chose right side, ok with me. Maybe they KNOW which side is dominat. Thank you vetjoe, very informative.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Hot Topics Subscriber

Jazz usually walks on the left on leash, I find it easier to give treats or carry something in my dominant right hand. I think she was taught to heel on the right at puppy daycare as when she was younger sometimes changing sides made for a change of mindset if she was pulling. Recently it turned out to be really good to have an ambidextrous dog when I was walking both Jazz and my friends dog, who would only walk on the left near the gutter. Jazz happily took the traffic side! :) Remember, we are leftside road rules here in Aust!

By the way, this thread is fast becoming a favourite of mine. All those puppy stages that I have mostly forgotten! (And stages of new puppy parent too!)