• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Terminal..looking for home for his "girls"

kpablo

Jr Member
I had permission to cross-post this:

Sadly Chris's post keeps getting flagged on craigslist (New Haven, Conn area). Doberman hater's perhaps? I don't know.

He has already been in contact with three rescues but wants to try to find a forever home himself. The pictures have since been flagged but I saw them and they are two beautiful, medium sized black and tan cropped and docked girls. Here is the post:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no adoption fee, this is not a sale.

(To those flagging my post, before doing so; Please, would you mind emailing me why, thanks)

(Anonymously flagging me does not address your thought and does not help me find the girls a loving, stable home. Thanks)

Generic no info ads generate generic responses. I am trying to find a genuinely loving home.

Hello

As I have been given terminal news about my health, I must do all I can to find a new home for my two very special Doberman sisters, "The Girls"

Please read entire post before contacting me. Many questions are answered in post – Thanks.

I am looking for the right home, not just any home for them.

These are my girls and this is not easy for me, I will not give them to just anyone.

I have two amazing Female (sisters) Dobermans. They are six years old and in great health.

Before I go on, you must understand and respect that these are my girls, they are my children.

I will ask questions as I hope you will ask me.

This is not a scam, I am real, my girls are real, my health issue, and my need to find them a loving stable home is, sadly, very real.

I have spoken with and am in touch with three regional rescues, I am simply trying to help those that are trying to help me, all to do the right thing for my girls.

Ideally I would like to see them placed together as they are sisters and have always been together. (this is where the rescues are challenged, placing them together)

Distance is not an issue for me, the right home is.

A little about them;

My girls are family members, companions, best friends, not guard dogs.

They are sweet, gentle, very affectionate, inside dogs, with terrific personalities and good with all people and children. They are spoiled in the affection they are given and the free realm provided. They are amazingly well behaved and in perfect health.

I have always given them the best of everything and no limitations on expense, vet or otherwise.

If you cannot afford full, proper and regular vet services, care, food, toys, etc, I understand, and respect that not everyone can; However, it would not be a good match or the best home for my girls

A fenced yard is a must have. They are accustomed to a doggie door and come and go at their free will

They have no fear or caution of the road at all. I will provide the doggie door.

They are not leash dogs and a city environment would also not be a good fit for them.

They are accustomed to running free in a field or on the beach for exercise, a simple walk on a leash will not be sufficient.

They are not overseen with fear, hitting or pain, they are treated with love and respect and offer same in return. A firm, very confident, yet flexible personality with lots of love works best.

They love to ride in the car and play in a field and in the water at a lake, pond, ocean or puddle. So taking them out of the house to go explore and play is something they need on a regular basis.

They will want to cuddle on the couch with you as well as play and return all the love offered to them and more.

If you don’t allow dogs on the couch, doggie kisses, vacuuming regularly, or doing a lot of dog blanket and towel laundry, it won’t be a good match.

I can and certainly will share much more about them.

If you think you may be a good fit, I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

All the best,

Chris [email protected]

A link of pictures of "the girls"

http://www."another board"/attachment.php?attachmentid=7313&d=1250626214

http://www."another board"/attachment.php?attachmentid=7314&d=1250626273

http://www."another board"/attachment.php?attachmentid=7315&d=1250626751

wow Katie, thanks for posting, this breaks my heart. SO sad that people are flagging him on CL when he is trying to do right by his dogs.

Thats so sad,just read the story and wish i wear closer and had a bigger house,i would take them in right away.i know alot of people froma nother forum are flagging people on CL,wouldn't be the first time they do so.i'm not a big fan from CL,but he tries to find a very nice home for the two girls.i hope this has somehow a happy end.croos my fingers for all of them.

With a lot of team work with several other forums I have cross posted we may have found these girls a home, depending on where this man lives and where the person who wants these two. Is their anyone one in CT that could help possible transport to Jersey Shore?

My god, how sad. I noticed the pictures are hosted by "another board". Is it someone from there? I started on the Doberman forums there...and met a few nice people who I sadly can't keep in contact with because I was banned.
One of the people there was a gentleman who had a parvo survivor puppy (fawn) and had found out some terrible health problems existed with i believe his kidneys. I am just wondering if it's him...if memory serves his pup had IBS issues after the parvo.
Sorry- i have memory problems because of my meds. I may be getting some or all of this wrong. If he is from "another board" , if anyone has his screen name & can PM it to me(?), then I will know if this was the fellow who was oh so very kind to me when MY 'girls' went through parvo. if it is, I'd love to speak to him again.

No, Chris is not from "another board", he posted an add on Craigslist and a Dter found the add and felt she needed to help him.

Oh, ok. Still a very sad situation....poor fellow & his poor girls. My heart breaks thinking how hard this must all be for him. :(

My god, how sad. I noticed the pictures are hosted by "another board". Is it someone from there? I started on the Doberman forums there...and met a few nice people who I sadly can't keep in contact with because I was banned.
One of the people there was a gentleman who had a parvo survivor puppy (fawn) and had found out some terrible health problems existed with i believe his kidneys. I am just wondering if it's him...if memory serves his pup had IBS issues after the parvo.
Sorry- i have memory problems because of my meds. I may be getting some or all of this wrong. If he is from "another board" , if anyone has his screen name & can PM it to me(?), then I will know if this was the fellow who was oh so very kind to me when MY 'girls' went through parvo. if it is, I'd love to speak to him again.

No he isn't from "another board",but the posted it there too,thats why are the links from the "another board".so so you got banned there.LMAO,sorry thats funny:D
and like i said,he isn't a memeber of "another board",just someone posted it there too.

I know Tye and it wasn't really bashing what we did,thats what i think.i hope someone has some news.i'm trying to find something on the other Forum,but nothing on there too.

I know there was no specific bashing but is better if we keep that stuff to PM's, lol. It's all good girls, and yes I would like to know what has happened myself.

ok i went and checked.the person what thought she might would take them,made the decision,not to do so,since she thinks her home would be to exciting for the two of them,since they come from a very quiet home and she has little dogs and kids,so that might would not work out,but the try to inform one of the big dobe rescues and go from there.thats all i got so far.

alright girl, keep me posted if ya find out anything else. I hope he can find them great homes, sucks he is having to go thru this.

yes it is,i know he loves his girls,you can see,how he is talking about them,but i think,that what he is asking for them,not the price,i mean what he want for them,it isn't working out.he needs to be a bit realistic to find a great home for them.
he want that they enver are leashed,nt going to be happens,walking on beaches all the time,lots of great people don't live close to a beach,you know all those things he said he want or they wont leave.i think,thats more of a wish thinking.hey my boy's are spoiled,but there have to be some kind of rules,if you have dogs :)
but i really really hope,it will work out and he finds a home.i'm just to far away and have no space at all.LMAO and hubby would go and kick me out here,hihihihi
he don't know,that i already plan to get another dobe in two years :) a black girl,i know what she wil cost me and i know where i get her from,but he don't know,YET :)

I think he just wants their lives to remain as similar to what they have now as possible. I am sure if the otherwise perfect home came along, but they demanded leashes, well, I am sure he wouldn't turn it down. I just hope he has TIME to look for the perfect home....or at least something close to it. Doesn't help that, besides a time crunch, there's the lousy economy to deal with...

A little about them;

My girls are family members, companions, best friends, not guard dogs.

They are sweet, gentle, very affectionate, inside dogs, with terrific personalities and good with all people and children. They are spoiled in the affection they are given and the free realm provided. They are amazingly well behaved and in perfect health.

I have always given them the best of everything and no limitations on expense, vet or otherwise.

If you cannot afford full, proper and regular vet services, care, food, toys, etc, I understand, and respect that not everyone can; However, it would not be a good match or the best home for my girls

A fenced yard is a must have. They are accustomed to a doggie door and come and go at their free will

They have no fear or caution of the road at all. I will provide the doggie door.

They are not leash dogs and a city environment would also not be a good fit for them.

They are accustomed to running free in a field or on the beach for exercise, a simple walk on a leash will not be sufficient.

They are not overseen with fear, hitting or pain, they are treated with love and respect and offer same in return. A firm, very confident, yet flexible personality with lots of love works best.

They love to ride in the car and play in a field and in the water at a lake, pond, ocean or puddle. So taking them out of the house to go explore and play is something they need on a regular basis.

They will want to cuddle on the couch with you as well as play and return all the love offered to them and more.

If you don’t allow dogs on the couch, doggie kisses, vacuuming regularly, or doing a lot of dog blanket and towel laundry, it won’t be a good match.

I can and certainly will share much more about them.

If you think you may be a good fit, I look forward to hearing from you.
I agree with Dobesmom. I quoted his 'requirements' here to bring them to this page for viewing and reading it again, MOST of it is, what MOST of us do. :)

The leash thing...well, come on....every dog should be able to walk on a leash! I think what he's talking about might be similar to Buddy. Buddy is used to 'free rein', running across our acreage. He LOVES it, BUT he can walk on a leash too. It's just that if it were ONLY that, it would have to be a LOT. He really needs to RUN. And that's probably why he wants a fenced in yard, so the dogs can run around at will and be safe.

The doggie door would be an issue to some. Sometimes I worry that it means they are not used to letting you know they have to go 'out' because they are so used to using the door. And of course, the door you put it on would have to lead to the fenced in yard. I have no door on my home that COULD lead to a fenced in area, even if I wanted to. So that stipulation might have to be 'stretched' if someone qualified on all other points....and I would think he would, if he felt comfortable with the prospective new owners.

apbtmom76 said:
I was just about to say the same thing. Please keep it on track here and remember there is a rule for no talking about or bashing of other forums, no matter what. We are just glad you all are here and LIKE our forum.

katie do you have nay new news yet?? Can I crosspost this in a few places??

Yes, PLEASE CROSS POST, I put it on Pitbullforum.com as well.

awesome off to do that now, thanks Katie :D DO you have any new news on this situation??

Back