Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

TDPC annual Specialty Show to Include an Obedience Class!

Discussion in 'Other K-9 Shows and Events' started by Teufelhund in AZ, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Teufelhund in AZ

Teufelhund in AZ Active Member

Mark your calendars kids!! This year the Tucson Doberman Pinscher Club is offering a Doberman Only Obedience Class at our annual fall Specialty Show! People bring their conformation dogs from all over the US to compete in the breed rings. Let's try to get some performance dogs out there too! This is a RARE opportunity to compete in a Doberman Only OB venue so try not to miss it!
    The TDPC shows precede the Coyote Classic so competitors can stay additional days and enter their dogs in the all breed OB shows and/or Conformation classes. I hope to see people from the forum attend if possible.

This fun is scheduled for November 17th 2011 at the Pima County Fair Grounds in Tucson Arizona. The OB class is going to be a morning class... It is too hot in Nov. to ask the dogs to work in the afternoon or evening.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Great idea!!! More clubs need to look at ways to encourage folks to get involved in obedience. We used to have 12 that is one dozen rings for obedience - now we have 2. That is quite a drop.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Teufelhund in AZ

Teufelhund in AZ Active Member

I am really trying to drum up support for the OB Show! In 2009 TDPC dropped obedience from the Specialty Show for lack of interest. I am hopeful that there are enough entries to justify continuing offering it at our future Specialties. I am going to take Teufel to help flesh out the entries... Plus, I wanna see a line of Dobermans on a long down! I always hear people talking about how their dog lost to a border collie or golden... This is a great chance to play on a pretty level playing field.

My trainer took some of his Mals to their nationals just to enter OB... I am hoping some of the serious performance people in our breed will show the same level of support if they can.