1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

TAE KWON DOberman

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by BreesMom, Sep 13, 2009.

1. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

It was 1 year ago this week I had to say goodbye to Tae. She was 12 1/2 years old. Her hind legs had been giving her trouble for quite some time as she had become quite arthritic, she had gotten to the point where we had built ramps for her and then finally got her a bottoms up harness to help her around. I had been helping her get up from a laying position for quite some time. Then one day I came home from work and it was much harder for her to even stand, that night I din't even try to get her up to bed, instead dragging a mattress down and spending the night on it beside her floor cushion. That night she would fuss unless I was rubbing behind her ears. So we only slept on and off as she would drift off if I was rubbing her ears and awaken me if my hand slipped of her head. Morning came and she ate, but I wonder if it wasn't because she knew the food contained her pain medication. After breakfast I went to help her up to go out to potty and there cme this low rumble deep down in her chest. I didn't take the growl as a threat, just letting me know she didn't want to even try to move. I lay back down beside her and in a while she lifted her head and looked me straight in the eye and barked three two syllable barks that sounded to me like help me, help me, help me, and I said to her I really did'nt want to say goodbye but that was the only help left for us and I tearfully called the vet. I explained she wouldn't lwt me move her and he was kind enough to come to the house and Tae went to sleep one last time on her bed at home. Rip girl I still miss you everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Brings fresh tears to my eyes, Bree! These are the hardest moments for us. Saying goodbye is never easy! Never. It's the one thing I hate about pet ownership...and sometimes I think I will never go back. But pets heal a broken heart and you will always remember TAE. It sounds like you and her had a wonderful relationship and that she had a great life. RIP Tae!

3. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Thanks MB, and talk about fresh tears, I was bawling so hard writing her memorial I wasn't sure what I even wrote or if it would make sense. In fact I am still bawling but having Bree makes it not quite so painful they are now just tears of missing her. We had a very special relationship and I will always remember her and miss her.

4. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

OH BM, what a very touching tribute to Tae RIP, I am so sorry for your loss and I know it is hard but it will heal in time but she will always be with you.

RIP Tae, run free at the bridge and keep catching those tennis balls.

5. Dobiegirl

Dobiegirl Novitiate

I am so sorry...I can't read the entire post....It is so hard but just know she is no longer suffering....

Again I am so so sorry for your loss.....

6. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

don't know what to say,since words sometimes are not enough.but she had a great long live with you and on the end, you did the right thing for her, to let her go. run free Tae. R.I.P.

7. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Thanks Tye, Sally and Tina in means alot when people really understand what you are going through, and now I am bawling again sheesh!! :blush:

8. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

You cry girl, it's ok, pet lovers understand what you are going thru. We love you and we know that Tae loved/s you. Have a beer and remember the good times.

9. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Thanks Tye and I think a beer and fond memories of Tae's healthier happier days sounds like a good way to spend today!!!! Much better than the bawling I did all morning :blush:

10. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

:bighug:

11. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Thanks for the hug Tye !!

I took your advice and took a cool one out to the patio and sat there and started to think about Taes younger days and when I did that my day turned from a morning of grieving to an afternoon filled with fond memories. Thanks again for all your kind words and sage advice.

12. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

girl I only know cause I have been there and Tae knows you loved/s her and she will be waiting for you when you get there, she knows you rememebr her and she sees. Just know she was happy and you made her that way. I do not always know what to say and sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth but RIP Tae and know you were a great mom-lady ;)

13. JstLovesErnie

JstLovesErnie Notable member

November will be 1 year ago that we lost Ali - she thankfully died in her sleep. I know the pain never lessens - we never forget.
    "For the love of a dog - we grieve. . . .for the love of dogs - we go on."

14. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

You are right the pain stays and we never forget. Sorry to hear you lost your Ali, it was nice she went in her sleep, making that final decision for them is one of the hardest things to do. How old was your Ali?? Had she been ill or old enough it was just her time? Rip dear Ali.

15. hall.christopher

hall.christopher Novitiate

May you rest in peace Tae,you are lost but not forgotten! keep my Vinnie company.

16. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Lovely memorial. I can't say more...but I am sorry. It's obvious TAE was very much loved. Missing them is the hardest part now. Belated hugs to you.

17. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Thanks Rachel for the kind words and hug. Tae was the love of my life and she is missed everyday. Bree has helped ease the pain, but I think of Tae everytime I see Bree doing something like Tae used to do, and then that gets me remembering the things Tae did that made her special.

18. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Sounds like me with Emmie/Fire...and Hope. I say they are "channeling Hope" when they do certain things (like flop down on me & put their paw behind my back like a hug -head on shoulder too! THAT was my Hopesie..)
    I guess it's good when you can finally remember some things with a smile.

19. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I just caught this now (I tend to stay away from this area because it's so tear jerking), but our thoughts are with you and I feel every ounce of you pain. It's just so hard to let go of them, but it is consoling to know they're on the other side of the bridge running around and playing like they did in their young bodies, and she's there watching over you telling you it's okay and she'll always be a part of you.

:bighug:

20. bucky5

bucky5 New Member

Wow what a tough story I was crying reading it...it is always tough losing a pet.....but a very wise dogman , who had many dogs in his life, once told me.." I name all my males Barney and all the females Hiedi "and when someone asks which dog was your favorite he replies Barney and Hiedi.(I don't know why I felt the need to say that story ...but it effected me a certain way when I heard it) Each pet is special and will always hold a place in your heart...no matter how many pets you have had...they are all your favorites.