• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Susan Thixton Your Pet Food Advocate!

strykerdobe

Hot Topics Subscriber
Susan Thixton is one of the greatest crusader and pet food advocates for our pets!!!!! She has a great site called Truth About Pet Food.

mail

#25 Susan Thixton: Your pet food advocate
Last updated on February 16, 2021 By Will Falconer, DVM

Listen to the Podcast below.

#25 Susan Thixton: Your pet food advocate | Vital Animal® § The Natural Path

VITAL ANIMAL PODCAST
Susan Thixton: Your pet food advocate
FEB 16, 2021 EPISODE 25
Will Falconer, DVM
#025 My guest this week is your best friend if you buy commercial pet food of any kind. Susan Thixton came to her calling as crusader for quality pet food many years ago when her vet told her her healthy dog died of bone cancer from a commonly used pet food preservative.

She’s learned so much since then and shares it regularly with interested consumers with pets to feed via her website and newsletter. And believe me when I tell you, the world of Big Pet Food is “buyer beware!”

Her work has included:
— tracking aflatoxin in corn to poisoned pets (110 have died recently from this liver toxic mold)
— using FOIA documents to get at hidden loopholes in the regulation of pet food quality
— attending the AAFCO meetings as a voice for you, the pet food consumer
— publishing rankings of pet food from best to worst

This woman is on a mission! Your pets need her to stay safe in the jungle that is commercial pet food.

You won’t want to miss Susan’s inspiring and cautionary message in this episode.

You can find more in the show notes for this episode at https://VitalAnimal.com/25

S-Thixton-880x440-logo-880x360.png

#25 Susan Thixton: Your pet food advocate
Last updated on February 16, 2021 By Will Falconer, DVM Leave a Comment

#25 My guest this week is your best friend if you buy commercial pet food of any kind. Susan Thixton came to her calling as crusader for quality pet food many years ago when her vet told her her healthy dog died of bone cancer from a commonly used pet food preservative.

She’s learned so much since then and shares it regularly with interested consumers with pets to feed via her website and newsletter. And believe me when I tell you, the world of Big Pet Food is “buyer beware!”

Her work has included:
— tracking aflatoxin in corn to poisoned pets (110 have died recently from this liver toxic mold)
— using FOIA documents to get at hidden loopholes in the regulation of pet food quality
— attending the AAFCO meetings as a voice for you, the pet food consumer
— publishing rankings of pet food from best to worst

This woman is on a mission! Your pets need her to stay safe in the jungle that is commercial pet food.

You won’t want to miss Susan’s inspiring and cautionary message in this episode.

Links for this episode
Susan’s website: Truth About Pet Food

Free Report on the differences between human grade and feed grade pet food ingredients

[Time Sensitive] Join the signers of a letter to the FDA to keep aflatoxin out of your pet’s food. Takes 20″max.

Toxin concerns are addressed by our sister company, Vital Pet Health:
A powerful daily 100% natural ingredients detox: Vital Animal Detox

Thanks for listening!
If you haven’t yet, please subscribe to Vital Animal Podcast so you don’t miss a single episode.

Are you finding value from this podcast? Want to help spread the word? Take a moment to leave us an honest review on Apple Podcasts! Thanks!

Have you had any eye opening or Ewww-inducing experiences in the pet food world? Please tell us in the comments below.

She does come out with a pet food list every year.

The List – Truth about Pet Food
The List – Truth about Pet Food
The List
Dec 01, 2020 · The pet foods on the 2021 List are verified food ingredient pet foods, most pet foods are feed ingredient pet foods. All pet foods, regardless of style (kibble, can, dehydrated, raw, and so on) are made with one of two very different types of ingredients; human grade ingredients and/or feed grade ingredients.

You post this every year and I always say I am going to donate and get this info.

Doing it this year.

Thx.

Back