standing ear remedies

johnfin

Jr Member
i have a 8 mo old dog with one lazy ear. still taped with backer rod but not having luck. some have talked about using a surgical glue or something like that inside the ear. i would like to try something different. any thoughts

Yes a photo or two would be helpful.

You definitely need to keep posting since it shouldn't be too late at this point.

I would keep up with the backer rod method (if that's what you've been using) and change them out every 3 or 4 days.

When you say survival glue im assuming you are referring to torbots. We used this for an adhesive with our guy but your only benefit is it the posts isn't staying well. You didn't mention that in this post so I'm not sure if that's the problem you are running into or not.

If you do go with torbots just don't forget the unisolve to help with the removal of the adhesive!

Just keep posting it will take a few months to correct. Looks like it got slept on and formed a crease. We had that happen, had to til she was about 14 months old

This dog is almost 1yr old and still a floppy ear. Use a backerrod and medical tape every day. Any other tricks.

Attachments

• 20191001_181551.jpg
    20191001_181551.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 11

Back