Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Speckled Tongue :P!

Discussion in 'Doberman Pictures and Videos' started by IslandDobeMix, Jun 12, 2019.

1. IslandDobeMix

IslandDobeMix New Member

Captured a shot of Birdie’s polka dot tongue! I think it’s neat and had to share :wacky::p:eek::wtf3:.

33322DFA-2259-403D-970A-FDCCABF828FF.jpeg

While I learned that quite a few breeds can have black tongues, Birdie’s likely comes from her 10.8% chow chow.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
  2. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Holy cats, he's a cutie, and you take great photos!

That tongue is interesting indeed! We've all heard of the tongue of the Chow Chow, right? Do they refer to it as a blue tongue? I forget. But there are other breeds that have a dark-colored tongue, aren't there?

3. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I just love Birdie and her very expressive face and her name!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Cute!!! Shes part Appaloosa! :spit:
    VideoCapture_20190526-081915.jpg
    You can call me Hot for Spots! ;)

• Funny Funny x 7
  5. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

What a happy girly! Birdie seems like such an appropriate name :thumbsup:

6. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Wow, in another thread I was joking about wanting a polka dot Doberman, and here we have a polka dot tongue lol, cool! With how much time these Dobers spend panting, you will have lots of cute tongue shots.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow x 1
  7. IslandDobeMix

IslandDobeMix New Member

Before we had Birdie’s DNA results back, I did a lot of reading on speckled tongues. Turns out you’re right! There are about 30 other breeds that can have black or blue tongues. Never knew.

@Tropicalbri's - we named her Birdie because she’s from Texas and it seemed like a good Southern name. Also, we play a lot of golf so always trying for the birdies:)! And she seems to enjoy bird watching so it’s worked out!

• Like Like x 4
  8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That's a pretty unique tongue for sure and she sure is a cutie!