Soresto collars

strykerdobe

Hot Topics Subscriber

Lizbeli

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
I just bought a collar for Jasper last week after finding a tick on him if only I waited haha!

Could the other 85% be the collar itself (polymer/rubber material)? Couldn’t find that info through research probably have to call them. Hm

GennyB

Hot Topics Subscriber
After the 2 active ingredients Imidacloprid and Flumethrin listed.
I always wondered what's in the other (like on Seresto) the 85.5% of ingredients they don't list by name?
Not picking on Seresto. But it's not just with Seresto with all Flea and Tick stuff.

Just for info.

These are for other Flea and Tick stuff.
Neurologic Event Potential and Bravecto, Credelio, Nexgard, Simparica

Neurologic Event Potential Associated with Certain Flea/Tick Products

And then there's this....

Pet collar linked to almost 1,700 pet deaths

Dante

I saw somewhere here where wondercide was mentioned. Anyone use this product? I'm trying to move away from all the toxic products.

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Same as @Panama. Yes you have to reapply before going out but that doesn't bother me one bit. That's part of any natural product use. We use it for camping, hikes, spring and summertime at home and on ourselves. Works great! I really notice it when it comes to mosquitos and using it on ourselves.

Dante

Oh wow! Thanks for the feedback. Used the seresto collar last year and yes it worked great with no noticable problems. I'm a little nervous this year with all the complaining about the collar. I always use flea and tick prevention lightly. I really want to give the more natural products a try. Wasn't aware of Panama, will check that out to. THANKS 👍

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Oh sorry, disregard my confusion with Panama. I thought it was a product. :grimacing: I'm new, can you tell. Haha.
Haha that's ok. The product I was agreeing with and have used for years was Wondercide!

Panama

Hot Topics Subscriber
I'm not sure if it's connected or not, BUT... about 18-24 months ago I started seeing ads on FB for Seresto collars for $19 - $22. 🤔 (usually about $57) I asked where these products were manufactured and they said "Republic of China". When I checked my package, it said Germany. So, maybe knock-offs.

Since all these claims about sick or dead dogs started coming out, I haven't seen any more FB ads for it. (???)
Marketplace had them too!

Dante

I'm not sure if it's connected or not, BUT... about 18-24 months ago I started seeing ads on FB for Seresto collars for $19 - $22. 🤔 (usually about $57) I asked where these products were manufactured and they said "Republic of China". When I checked my package, it said Germany. So, maybe knock-offs.

Since all these claims about sick or dead dogs started coming out, I haven't seen any more FB ads for it. (???)
Marketplace had them too!
Yes you are right. You have to be very careful where these items come from. I try very hard not to buy dog toys from out of the country. Or even bully sticks or any chew type of bone. I always check to see where product is made or sourced.