Snow melt contest 2013!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
I'm finally going to get this kicked off since it's finally starting to warm up... It's huge this year so I have a feeling it's going to set a record for the latest melt date - hint, hint... ;)

The person who guesses closest to when it totally melts will win a $20 certificate to our Cafe Press shop where you can buy your choice of our goods.Doberman goods from Doberman-chat.com

For your guess we want the date and time in CST. The person with the closest guess will win.
Obviously the contest will end when the snow is gone. In case of a tie, the first person who guessed the correct time will be the winner.
If the snow pile isn't gone by the time your date comes up, you may guess again, but whoever guesses closest first will be the winner and your guess must not be within one week of another persons prior guess.

Here's is the thread to last years contest for reference:
Snow melt contest 2012! | Doberman Chat Forum: Talk About Doberman Pinschers

Here are the photos as of 11:45 AM (CST) today, May 6, 2013. I will also post our forecast for the next week after the photos.
I will also periodically take new shots as the pile goes down.

From front.
May 6 13 front.JPG

From side.
May 6 13 side.JPG

Good luck!

And our forecast for the next week. This automatically updates itself, you can check back here for quick reference.

Wow, you still have quite the pile going on there :eek: We had a really dry winter so there was barely enough to make a pile. We also had an exceptional nice and early spring so all snow is gone here, only some left on the mountan tops.

LOL, great article Art! There is no way I would have even thought about going out fishing on a day like yesterday... :cold:

Wow, you still have quite the pile going on there :eek: We had a really dry winter so there was barely enough to make a pile. We also had an exceptional nice and early spring so all snow is gone here, only some left on the mountan tops.
Oh wow, and I thought you guys got a lot of snow this winter. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some nice weather anyway...

I'll go out and take a new pic of the pile today and it has really changed since last week...

Here are some updated pics from today, May 12, 13. It finally separated into it's own pile... ;)

May 12 13.jpg

May 12 13 2.jpg

Oh wow, and I thought you guys got a lot of snow this winter. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some nice weather anyway...

I'll go out and take a new pic of the pile today and it has really changed since last week...

We had more snowfall in march than both november and december combined this year, so most of the snow never really got to "set" before it started melting again. But if I know the weather in this region as well as I think I do, we may even have a few snowy days still before we can officially call it summer. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back