Skin Sores and bumps

Carralesv18

Hi everyone, I am desperately seeking help in trying to find out what my senior 9 year old Doberman is experiencing. I’ve tried google search and nothing. She has seen a veterinarian they said it was a skin allergy but after 2 weeks on antibiotics her skin has seemed to worsen. She has large bumps, lumps all over her neck, shoulders, hind legs.. none very much on her abdomen. She is hyperthyroidism and is on medication for about 5 years now. I will attach a picture.

Attachments

• 3C5DF51E-A80D-403C-ACF8-B377D8F61A94.jpeg
    3C5DF51E-A80D-403C-ACF8-B377D8F61A94.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 12

Kaiser2016

Did you start using any scented products around the house, or even a change of products like laundry detergent?

Two Dobes

Hot Topics Subscriber
Looks to be some sort of reaction to "something".....new collar? But you said all over her....something new in her food? Treat? Different laundry detergent? Poor baby.....is she itchy? I would get a second opinion....something is definatley going on with her.

Carralesv18

Looks to be some sort of reaction to "something".....new collar? But you said all over her....something new in her food? Treat? Different laundry detergent? Poor baby.....is she itchy? I would get a second opinion....something is definatley going on with her.
The doctors have said it looks like something going on possibly from her thyroid. I haven’t changed anything. She’s at the vet right now they are going to do a biopsy of one of her lumps.

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Wow that does look really tender. Let us know what the vet says.

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
No answers for you, my heart goes out to you for answers though. Please keep us posted on what you might find.

Carralesv18

No answers for you, my heart goes out to you for answers though. Please keep us posted on what you might find.
For now vet changed her food to PurinaHydrolyzed prescription dog food. She took a biopsy of her neck. I will let y’all know when I find out more what the masses are. Hopefully nothing, just from an allergy I’m hoping.