Silly Tricks, fun day.

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
The local kennel club was doing a Trick Dog evaluation, so I decided day before yesterday I should show up. :rofl: So today we did 10 tricks to get our Intermediate Trick Dog title. It's fun, it was fairly easy except Asha was starting to escalate because I was using all the fast and fun tricks with balls and tugs. Gotta make it fun, right? Evaluator really pushed the beginners to "just try" and I think everybody who tried passed Novice. We got our Intermediate and my behaviorist trainer friend joined in with her dog and went through 10 tricks each in Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. We had lots of laughs because there were definitely some struggles along the way but everyone was into having a good time. How it should be!IMG_3034.JPGfullsizeoutput_64c.jpeg

Asha is such a beautiful Doberman.

Does that link choker work fairly well?
Asking because it’s a lot more attractive than a prong and I think Freyja may do great with that since she responds quickly to the prong.

Asha is such a beautiful Doberman.

Asking because it’s a lot more attractive than a prong and I think Freyja may do great with that since she responds quickly to the prong.

Have never ever had a Doberman of mine break a Herm Sprenger Pinch collar and they literally last forever.

Link chokers I have seen break enough to never use one again.

:rofl: Not on her. :rofl:

It's a Herm Springer Fur Saver if you want to find one. I have it because it's the only allowed collar in IGP sports. Asha only respects the prong, but as you know, those aren't allowed in AKC sports. So... better than a flat collar, but not by much.

I like HS because they come in this black finish and they are known for outstanding quality. If Freyja doesn't lean on a flat or traditional choker she won't lean on a fur saver. It was my stupid training in Ashas first year that she learned to pull and if she gets into high drive, she just doesn't care
what's on her.
Screen shot of Asha being held while I went to hide behind that blue trash can... her manners went down the drain. At least in Trick Dog the only thing evaluated was the the trick.

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 5.32.13 AM.png

But if she's not in high drive, she can down stay with distractions. I was videoing the GSD for the handler and left Asha on her place in a down stay. She never took her eyes off of me.

Screen Shot 2023-04-16 at 7.26.48 PM.png

Wow! Sasha will now stay down for a high quality treat, but our longevity varies. I can walk away, but not from the room. Practice, practice!

The local kennel club was doing a Trick Dog evaluation, so I decided day before yesterday I should show up. :rofl: So today we did 10 tricks to get our Intermediate Trick Dog title. It's fun, it was fairly easy except Asha was starting to escalate because I was using all the fast and fun tricks with balls and tugs. Gotta make it fun, right? Evaluator really pushed the beginners to "just try" and I think everybody who tried passed Novice. We got our Intermediate and my behaviorist trainer friend joined in with her dog and went through 10 tricks each in Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. We had lots of laughs because there were definitely some struggles along the way but everyone was into having a good time. How it should be!View attachment 133811View attachment 133812
Beautiful profile picture of her! And I love how she's sacked out in the second picture! Congratulations! Looks like you guys had fun!

Back