1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

She woke up limping in pain

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by ramzisleiman, Apr 16, 2018 at 3:44 AM.

1. ramzisleiman

ramzisleiman Novitiate

Hello all,
    Eva woke up this morning limping on her front left leg painfully.
    Last night, we had spent that last 3 hours at home before bed time, and she was completely normal, she walked to her bed when i told her to, and she was not limping.
    Yesterday's activity was nothing abnormal, we walked around during the day, no running or heavy exercises, she did encounter some dogs and played along, but also something that happens everyday. And after that we walked back home (2km), and no limping was obvious.
    I touched around her leg this morning trying to find out which part hurts, and it seems its when i touch the elbow she feels pain.
    Any ideas? Should I take her immediately to the vet, or wait for couple of hours to see if she gets better? Could this be a sort of a cramp?
    Right now, she is sleeping again.
    PS: She is 8 months old
    Thanks

• Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  2. GOD'S GRACE

GOD'S GRACE Notable member

That's strange...with no heavy training??? Two schools of thought come to mind for this...an x-ray or observation for 24hrs,(then if it doesn't get better an x-ray)....

I'm sure others well will chime in too!...so sorry for your puppy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

Ditto.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Sounds like it could be Panosteitis. Not uncommon in this breed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Ddski5

Ddski5 $ Forum Donor $

Though could be a number of issues that cause pano, check the amount of protein and calcium that he intakes.

Monitoring protein/calcium intake is one way we can protect against pano.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Yep my guess is pano

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Notable member

Agree with pano. Especially when the limping comes on suddenly. The limp will also shift from leg to leg. If it does shift then I would take that as confirmation of it being pano.

Definitely check her food. Also, it seems like a bit too much exercise for her age. If it is pano you'll want to rest her more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How is she doing today?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 3