1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Sharing sad news

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Dobs4ever, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

I just received an email that breaks everyone's heart and it is not less so as a breeder.

Many of you remember the pictures posted of my Ayla / Denim litter that produced 2 champions.

But today we cry for our little blue boy - Echorun's Errol Flynn who was PTS due to cardio and wobblers. RIP sweet boy Our heart goes out to this family in their time of deep saddness
    100_1445.JPG

• Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

:(

• Like Like x 1
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aww I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Run free beautiful boy. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Sad news indeed. RIP handsome boy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rex's mom

Rex's mom Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry to hear this :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  6. obbanner

obbanner $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Sorry about the bad news. RIP :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  7. FredC

FredC Guest

So sorry to hear this Suzan.. They inevitably break our hearts 2 x each but its because of how amazing they are that we let them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aw, Suzan! I'm so sorry to read this about your little one. Such a sad time. My heart goes out to you!
    RIP little guy :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  9. gettinggreyer

gettinggreyer Hot Topics Subscriber

AWwwwwwww:sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dobs4ever

Thank you all for your heart felt words. I can tell you that it is so frustrating as testing did not prevent this on any level. Ayla is 8 and Anja is 5 and so far testing has been good so I ask myself WHY this little blue boy. He was the only blue in the litter. He was so special. His family is devastated and as a breeder it rocks you to the core. This is the first time in 20 years I have had such devastating news. It is why I always say breeding is not for the faint of heart. You love them and do your best and then you get slapped right in the face.

Like gives and life takes. In each generation we celebrate the wonders of the next generation as we lay aside our heartaches and press on to the great unknown. RIP Flynn.

• Like Like x 3
  11. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Don't ever blame your own breeding program since we all know you are the epitome of doing everything it takes to produce healthy babies.

• Like Like x 3
  12. FredC

FredC Guest

---------
    Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason.. When i got news of Rayna being sick this past summer and ultimately being PTS to end her suffering, i made myself sick trying to get answers.. She had tons and tons of tests done before hand to determine what was a matter with her with no success.. At first they thought she had leukemia which turned out to be a false alarm. So to this day i still dont know what killed her and honestly it frustrates me to no end not knowing.. I own a full sister to Rayna and have 6 other puppies out there from the same litter, Id do anything for some answers.. But i doubt ill ever get them in this case..

It seems everything that could go wrong with my A litter did.. I suppose in hind site i have learned more about raising puppies with that crew then any of the others combined.. Ive been involved in breeding and or raising pups most my entire life but my first ever Dobermann litter was nothing short of a disaster.. But we cannot learn to pick ourselves back up if we dont ever stumble..

I know it doesnt make it any easier but these things do happen.. It hurts like hell. I know its especially difficult when the owner was reaching out for help understanding what was happening to their Dog and i didnt have any answers.. The feeling of helplessness was maddening. But at the end of the day i dont care what people say about or think of me or my program that dont have a horse in my race.. But i do care considerably about my pups and their owners, and it was all i could do to not feel responsible for Raynas death and i felt obligated to feel what her owners were feeling.. Your right Breeding is not for the Faint of Heart.. I myself barely make the grade.. and when i started down this road i had no idea how difficult and mind numbingly tough the journey would be.. But at the end of the day i have to remember that it only hurts because i love them..

• Like Like x 4
  13. Dobs4ever

Beautiful words Von and so true - We are there as they are born - we help them through those first critical days as they are so tiny and fragile. Then we glory each day as we watch them grown, become stronger and then we spend endless hours watching them, playing with them, nurturing them and most of all laughing at their antics. They are forever burned into our hearts. Then they bring up wonderful families who we learn to love and appreciate as we share their future.

There is saying ignorance is bliss. When I first started in Dobermans I was (falsely) very confident and knew exactly where I wanted to go and what I wanted to accomplish. The more I learn the less confident I became until today with every breeding there is that time of panic and praying PLEASE let it go right for these babies and may the stars align to keep them safe and healthy. I have done my part now it is in the hands of the unknown genetics that can rear their ugly head.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dobie Wan Knobie

Dobie Wan Knobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My heart felt sympathy for your loss, and all that goes with it.