1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Senior Doberman will be put to Sleep!

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by DLS, Jul 9, 2010.

1. DLS

DLS Notable member

[Attachment(s) from Patricia Buchner included below]

Rebel - Purebred Doberman - Will be killed on Saturday!

1 photo PLEASE CROSSPOST WIDELY: Rebel is approx. 7 yrs. old, neutered and is at Manatee County Animal Control. Because he is microchipped, his owner was contacted but has never came to get Rebel! He is not considered adoptable because of his age and will put to sleep forever this weekend. Animal Control staff reports he is friendly, super sweet and appears to like other dogs. If ANYONE can help this boy please contact dobesgalore@ aol.com - ASAP!

Attachment(s) from Patricia Buchner
    1 of 1 Photo(s)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

PTS because of his age WTH it says he is only 7!!! Wish I lived closer to Florida :eek2:

• Like Like x 2
  3. von Cosack

von Cosack Novitiate

Hold your horses, these rescues are full here soooo I'm at a loss. A little time and I'll figure it out. Von

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I'm confused Darlene (normally speaking) the contact email IS a Dobermann Rescue so where is this dog. They have no phone listed and I can't find the freakin' dog. Theres a ton of shelters in that area I'm calling them one at a time. Got any other info??? Von

• Like Like x 4
  4. DLS

DLS Notable member

Just got word that he has been adopted!!!! He will go to his new home tomorrow morning!!!! WooHoo!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  5. von Cosack

von Cosack Novitiate

No he's going to a Rescue Club, they won't tell me which one but atleast he's out of there. Von

• Like Like x 3
  6. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

So he is either adopted or at a rescue.....either way he is safe :stars::happydance::thankUsmiley:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

DLS - how can an owner care enough to microchip and then not go get that boy. Breaks my heart.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DLS

DLS Notable member

That is why In Canada we do microchip ALL our pups, so if they get lost, stolen, abandoned, etc. we CAN get them back. SO yah, i have no idea why someone would not go save their dog. Sickens me too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

Thank the lord he is going some place. Poor baby
    i can't believe owners would microchip and then
    not come and get him. Maybe he is better off, he
    will be some where that people will really love
    him.

SORRY THIS POSTED TWICE, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO
    GET THIS ONE OFF.

10. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

Thank the lord he is going some place. Poor baby
    i can't believe owners would microchip and then
    not come and get him. Maybe he is better off, he
    will be some where that people will really love
    him.:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::wub::eek1:

11. TrinityDobes

TrinityDobes Novitiate

Most likely the breeder microchipped - but did not register the puppy, the Buyers then registered just their name in the database.

I think if they could find the owners and the owners did not come and get him the owners should have been sent a bill for taking care of him while at the shelter! or fined for abandoning the dog or something. I am sick and tired of people walking away from their animals

All breeders need to just do the microchip registration themselves. The databases all have room for 2 or 3 contacts. I microchip all my pups and I put my name and contact numbers 1st, buyer 2nd - if my people don't like it TOUGH!!! So far none of my buyers have had a problem with this, by the time they take their puppy home they pretty much realize I am a new family member as well as the pup whether they like it or not!

• Like Like x 1
  12. swiftK9s

swiftK9s Hot Topics Subscriber

I love the idea of breeders microchipping all the puppies. Now if we can just get all the Vets (and any other group who has a new pup come in) to scan new patients, we'll be good to go. :)