• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Security Risk Prompts Advisors to Cancel AAFCO Meeting Attendance

strykerdobe

Hot Topics Subscriber
What the Hell????

Poisoned Pets | Pet Food Safety News |

dog-and-cat-snuggle-on-bed.png

Security Risk Prompts Advisors to Cancel AAFCO Meeting Attendance

I have some concerning news to report: A security risk prompted me to cancel my plans to attend the AAFCO conference next week. The reason for my decision was based on information I received which, unfortunately, led me to fear for my safety. This risk involves more than just myself but my colleagues as well. I do, however, plan to participate in the meetings via the teleconferencing system, but sadly I will not be able to attend in person.

Until matters are resolved, I thought it wise to remove myself from any possible danger. Until such time, I hope for everyone involved, that a solution to the problem will come to an easy and peaceful resolution.

I want to assure my supporters who generously donated funds to help me attend the conference that their donations will be used to attend the next conference which will be held in Florida.

Special thanks to Susan Thixton of Truth About Pet Food who has been my sole support during this stressful time. She helped me make the same decision she had to make which was not to attend next week’s AAFCO conference for the same reasons. Deciding to cancel our trips was an agonizing one to make, and it has been an enormous disappointment for the both of us.

What I can say is that it was not for the fearless reporting we both do to expose pet food companies whose practices are directly responsible for the illness and death of pets we would not be in fear for our lives. We make powerful enemies in this business, and some of those enemies go so far as to threaten us in attempt intimidate us into silence. That will never happen as long as we have breath in our bodies, but at the same time, we are prudent enough to take precautions for our safety. When appropriate all relevant authorities, hotel security, and local police departments are notified if we receive any threats.

The decision to not go was a heartbreaking one as I felt an enormous responsibility to the people who donated their hard earned money to help me pay for the ghastly expense of attending these meetings. I was also looking forward to discussing the topics which are on the schedule, but fortunately, with the aid of modern technology, I can still participate by submitting my comments digitally and by attending virtually via WebEx. So, all is not lost!

Just as I will be attending virtually via a live WebEx hookup, consumers do the very same thing. It’s a free and easy way to find out what happens at these meetings. Although – not to disappoint – I have to warn you, most of the topics will be of interest only to pet food manufacturers, industry associations, Federal and State regulators, feed control officials, and pet food nuts like myself. But there are a few items of interest I know you all will want to listen to the proposed changes to the “human grade” pet food rule and another tantalizing update on hemp!

Consumers who would like to listen to what is said in the AAFCO Pet Food Committee can listen to the meeting for free. The Pet Food Committee meeting will be held Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 3:00 to 5:00 PM, Pacific Time. To view the AAFCO meeting via WebEx should register here: http://fass.webex.com and listen to the meeting via the conference call line at 1-650-479-3207. The access code is 664 016 138#.

There is a topic on the Pet Food Committee agenda listed as a minor edit to the “human grade” pet food rule that was submitted as a proposed amendment to the rule. There is a lot of interest in changes to this rule as it is held in high regard to consumers and manufacturers alike. From the feedback I’ve gotten, it looks to be a lively discussion and one that I will have something to say about. Hope you’ll all be listening!

The AAFCO Ingredient Definition Committee might be interesting for consumers to listen to as well. On the Ingredient Definition Committee agenda are some exciting items, but the item I think most consumers will find fascinating will be a discussion and an update on the issue of hemp. The meeting is on Tuesday, January 22 from 10 – 11:30 AM Pacific Standard Time. To view the meeting via WebEx register here: http://fass.webex.com and to listen to the meeting call the conference line at 1-650-479-3207. The access code is 660 343 806 #.

Find out more, visit the AAFCO Meetings page. There you will find available the full committee agendas and the minutes reports for past meetings.

Your continued support matters to us and the pets we protect. Thank you.

637764203.png

No to AAFCO meeting
upload_2018-1-21_16-3-50.gif
Unfortunately I must tell consumers I will not be attending the upcoming AAFCO meeting. There is a security issue that I believe is too big of a risk to attend.
http://truthaboutpetfood.com/no-to-aafco-meeting/
upload_2018-1-21_16-3-50.gif
Wishing you and your pet(s) the best,
Susan Thixton
Pet Food Safety Advocate
Author Buyer Beware, Co-Author Dinner PAWsible
TruthaboutPetFood.com
Association for Truth in Pet Food

Become a member of our pet food consumer Association. Association for Truth in Pet Food is a a stakeholder organization representing the voice of pet food consumers at AAFCO and with FDA. Your membership helps representatives attend meetings and voice consumer concerns with regulatory authorities. Click Here to learn more.
What’s in Your Pet’s Food?
Is your dog or cat eating risk ingredients? Chinese imports? Petsumer Report tells the ‘rest of the story’ on over 5,000 cat foods, dog foods, and pet treats. 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Click Here to preview Petsumer Report. www.PetsumerReport.com

No to AAFCO meeting
By Susan Thixton
- January 19, 2018

136Teddy.png

Unfortunately I must tell consumers I will not be attending the upcoming AAFCO meeting. There is a security issue that I believe is too big of a risk to attend.

Out of protection for those that will be attending the meeting, no details can be provided. The best I can share with consumers is that multiple parties have been alerted to the potential problem for the upcoming AAFCO meeting – several of us at risk have done our due diligence to make the issue known to those in charge. This is not related to the previous threats I have received – this is a separate issue. This is not anything AAFCO has done, it is not related to AAFCO removing me as an advisor. This is an issue specific to this meeting. I have consulted with numerous professionals (made aware of all the details) and I have been advised it is not safe for me to attend.

While I feel very bad that I will not be present at this meeting – providing a voice for consumers – I feel it is the best/safest decision for all that I am not there. I will be listening to the meeting online and will be providing input if allowed.

The most significant thing that will be discussed at this meeting is the proposal to change the definition of human grade pet food. I have already sent AAFCO a statement on this issue, many consumers have taken action and sent emails and made phone calls to the voting members of the Pet Food Committee. I will also prepare another statement and provide to AAFCO in advance of the Pet Food Committee meeting (what I would have said if I were in attendance) based on the input consumers have shared with me. Many consumers have shared their opinion of the potential change directly with the voting members of the Pet Food Committee – my thanks to all for that.

For any consumer that would like to listen to what AAFCO says about this issue, you can listen to the meeting for free (and perhaps be allowed to make a statement, I’m not sure). The Pet Food Committee meeting will be held Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 3:00 to 5:00 PM, Pacific Time.

To view meeting via WebEx register here: http://fass.webex.com
And/Or to listen to meeting Conference Call Line: US TOLL 1-650-479-3207
Access code: 664 016 138#

My apologies to all. I wish I could tell you more, I wish I could have attended. If you can – say a prayer or send protective energy for the safety of all who attend the meeting. And I do mean “all who attend the meeting” – we might not agree with everything (most) of what regulatory and industry does, but we certainly want them all safe from harm.

Wishing you and your pet(s) the best,

Susan Thixton
Pet Food Safety Advocate
Author Buyer Beware, Co-Author Dinner PAWsible
TruthaboutPetFood.com
Association for Truth in Pet Food

atpfbannersmall-295x120.jpg

Become a member of our pet food consumer Association. Association for Truth in Pet Food is a a stakeholder organization representing the voice of pet food consumers at AAFCO and with FDA. Your membership helps representatives attend meetings and voice consumer concerns with regulatory authorities. Click Here to learn more.

What’s in Your Pet’s Food?
Is your dog or cat eating risk ingredients? Chinese imports? Petsumer Report tells the ‘rest of the story’ on over 5,000 cat foods, dog foods, and pet treats. 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Click Here to preview Petsumer Report. www.PetsumerReport.com

2018listseal_B-small.png

The 2018 List
Susan’s List of trusted pet foods. Click Here to learn more.

Have you read Buyer Beware? Click Here

Cooking pet food made easy, Dinner PAWsible

Find Healthy Pet Foods in Your Area Click Here

Back