• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Searching for European breeders (and for a new fellow)!

Beatrice_97dober

Lurking Member
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and I would like to tell you my story.

7 years ago I bought a fantastic puppy from Hunnoterra kennel.
I have never had any health problems with my dog: he was amazing, with beautiful qualities.
Unfortunately 2 months ago he started to have serious "pee and poop" problems: suddenly he couldn't pee and poop anymore.
Since that day, we have been two times a day to the vet in order to not to make him suffer: the vet emptied the bladder with a catheter every times, waiting for the results of the exams.

Through to an abdominal ultrasound, the vet had seen that the prostate was very enalrge: even the vet had castrated the dog and also tried to empty the cysts around the prostate by needle aspiration, the situation has not improved.

In few days the dog has stopped to eat and drink, he lost weight: he was so sick and weak.
Unfortunately when the results arrived we couldn't do anything for him: he had a very aggressive and malignant carcinoma in the prostate that had affected nearby organs too.
He passed away and me and my family couldn't do anything for him because the vet said that it has been a very rare and aggressive complication and the surgery would have been useless, risky and would have caused unnecessary suffering.

I have read that this kind of carcinomas are actually icurable and terminal illnesses.
Now I'm here in order to ask you guys if you have ever had or heard about problems like this one.
I wrote a message to the kennel but they said that they have never had problems like this.

Now I'm here also because I really miss my dog.
He was my best friend, we were inseparable, we had the best relationship ever: he has grown with me and we spent unforgettable moments that I brought with me forever.
All the owners that lost their dogs, know that when there was something special it is very hard to overcome such a difficult time.

I had another female dobermann before him, I have always had dobermanns and I can't live without one of them next to me.
So... even I know that anyone can bring my dog King back, now I would like to buy another.
I am from Italy and here it is not possible to have cropped ears.

Could you suggest to me some realiable kennels in Europe that I can consult where the dogs have cropped ears?

I really thank you for the time that you have dedicated to me

Attachments

• IMG_1073.JPG
    IMG_1073.JPG
    413.6 KB · Views: 46
Getting harder and harder to find breeders that still crop & dock
Betelges & LiparLand in Serbia both crop still

Welcome!

Sorry to read of the loss of your Dobermann.

I look forward to seeing any information and suggestions on your breeder search!

I have read that this kind of carcinomas are actually icurable and terminal illnesses.
Now I'm here in order to ask you guys if you have ever had or heard about problems like this one.
I wrote a message to the kennel but they said that they have never had problems like this.
I personally have never heard of anything like this. Not even being on this forum for 10 years. We can all sympathize with your pain. Losing our best friends is heartbreaking.

Rest in Peace, King. :dobe:

I personally have never heard of anything like this. Not even being on this forum for 10 years. We can all sympathize with your pain. Losing our best friends is heartbreaking.

Rest in Peace, King. :dobe:

Ok, thank you.
As I wrote, it has been a very rare complication and dobermanns usually do not suffer from deseases like this.
Anyway, thank you for your support

Ok! thank you for your informations.
Do you know anything about Hunnoterra?

I don't know anything about Hunnoterra but I would research the heck out of them. Start with health testing and verify the results. I would also research pedigrees with COD's (cause of death) listed.

Did you have any experiences with Serbian breeders?

My girl is from Lipar Land. Our experience with Vera (the breeder) has been fantastic. Our girl is 2 1/2 now and has been a dream dog. She has been healthy so far with an outstanding temperament.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok! thank you for your informations.
Do you know anything about Hunnoterra?
Did you have any experiences with Serbian breeders?

Hunnoterra is a conformation line (show line) breeder in Hungary. Judge each breeding on its own. They often breed to studs outside of their kennel - which is great IMHO. I don't know much more than that about them.
My last boy was from LiparLand in Serbia. Vera is great to work with and importing him was very easy. When my boy passed away at just over 3 years old, she offered me a new puppy. He was one of the best looking Dobes I had ever seen. People would stop me on the street in awe of him. I went a different route this time because I wanted a full working line Dobe. When I'm older and done with Schutzhund/IPO/IGP, I'll probably get another show line Dobe and wouldn't hesitate to get one from LiparLand.

I'm just now seeing this but I'm so sorry for your loss. :( It sounds like you did everything you possibly could and that it was a pretty rare condition.

I don't know much about Hunnoterra but I've never heard anything bad about them either. Liparland is a very reputable breeder but like Drogon said, rare things can happen to any of them and they are great to work with. I do call them the Mensa dogs of the Doberman world though since they are always thinking and can do the most amazing things to get what they want. LOL

I don't know anything about Hunnoterra but I would research the heck out of them. Start with health testing and verify the results. I would also research pedigrees with COD's (cause of death) listed.

My girl is from Lipar Land. Our experience with Vera (the breeder) has been fantastic. Our girl is 2 1/2 now and has been a dream dog. She has been healthy so far with an outstanding temperament.
‼️❌DO NOT BUT A DOG FROM HUNNOTERRA❌‼️ None of their dogs have vaccinations and ear cropping is done illegally in Hungary! This is a very very very bad breeder AVOID AT ALL COSTS! SPREAD THE NEWS THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Hunnoterra is a conformation line (show line) breeder in Hungary. Judge each breeding on its own. They often breed to studs outside of their kennel - which is great IMHO. I don't know much more than that about them.
My last boy was from LiparLand in Serbia. Vera is great to work with and importing him was very easy. When my boy passed away at just over 3 years old, she offered me a new puppy. He was one of the best looking Dobes I had ever seen. People would stop me on the street in awe of him. I went a different route this time because I wanted a full working line Dobe. When I'm older and done with Schutzhund/IPO/IGP, I'll probably get another show line Dobe and wouldn't hesitate to get one from LiparLan
My last boy was from LiparLand in Serbia. Vera is great to work with and importing him was very easy. When my boy passed away at just over 3 years old, she offered me a new puppy. He was one of the best looking Dobes I had ever seen. People would stop me on the street in awe of him. I went a different route this time because I wanted a full working line Dobe. When I'm older and done with Schutzhund/IPO/IGP, I'll probably get another show line Dobe and wouldn't hesitate to get one from LiparLand.
Do you know any working kennels in serbia? Or anywhere in balcans?

Back