Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Scratching spot

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Minionmama, Jul 11, 2018 at 4:14 PM.

1. Minionmama

Minionmama Jr Member

My husband and I had a conversation the other night about where our 7 month old dobes "spot" is. You know the place on their body that makes them euphoric. My last dog loved his rump scratched or ears rubbed and would lick the air and moan when you did it like it was the best feeling a dog could have. My new pup doesn't seem to have a spot that is distinct like that. She likes her chest between her front legs scratched but doesn't respond much. Do your dogs have a spot? Where is it and how do they respond? 20180711_160104.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Rubie's spot is on either side of her neck, toward the shoulder. It actually makes her lips pull back like she's smiling :D and she super leans into it.

Still learning where baby Moo's spot is (lab puppy) but he does get a thumper leg if you scratch his belly just right!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I think the rump/over the tail thing is more something the boys like and Albert certainly does. Della likes it where her collar usually sits, by her ears or in her ears.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Antman408

Antman408 $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $

Rex’s spot is on his breast on his left brown spot. Just figured it out a few days ago after searching for Months. Regardless of his body position if I start scratching it with a fingernail his leg starts kicking like he’s riding a skateboard.ol

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ddski5

Ddski5 $ Forum Donor $

Side of the neck but massaging his ears makes him go into a coma.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Notable member

Kaiser loves ear rubs while he leans into me standing. Then I discovered how to take it to the next level. When I finally got around to cleaning his ears properly, I wrapped a baby wipe around my index finger and stuck it in his ear. He sighed. The deeper I went, the more his head would sink to the floor. His ears were filthy as I hadn't cleaned them after his posting was done haha so he got a great rub that day! Sometimes he enjoys it so much both his nostrils will be against the floor and he snorts because no air is getting in. Now I clean his ears once a week. They are spotless!

He's very slowly becoming interested in belly rubs. That has been a tough one actually. He rarely exposes his belly, never fully on his back either, but when he does, he's in a very happy mood, I even wrote a thread when I was worried about it lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Belly rubs and finding the spot where it gets her leg going, like starting a motorbike. Lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1