Schutzhund Club

pghoneycutt

Novitiate
What to look for in a Schutzhund Club? I live in Western NC, so there is not many options. I'm going to observe soon, just would like some ideas on what to look for and and what are some things that I should not see happening? Thanks

@Doberman Gang would be able to answer this best, I think.

I'm still brand new to the sport, and I have one club 3.5 hours to the west and one club 3.5 hours to the east, so choices waayy slimmer than yours, I'm betting, LOL. When I went for a meet & greet, more than anything, I wanted to feel welcome. I'm going to assume you have a Doberman, and most clubs are welcoming to all breeds, but there are a few that might make you feel "less than" for not having a GSD or Mal. If you get that feeling take note and keep looking.

Welcome from New Mexico, hope to hear more about you & your puppy? or dog!

A friend of mine has a club in Greensboro. Carolina DVG I believe is the name. His name is Frans Slaman. Not sure how far that would be for you. His wife Jackie just made the GSD world team.

@Doberman Gang would be able to answer this best, I think.

I'm still brand new to the sport, and I have one club 3.5 hours to the west and one club 3.5 hours to the east, so choices waayy slimmer than yours, I'm betting, LOL. When I went for a meet & greet, more than anything, I wanted to feel welcome. I'm going to assume you have a Doberman, and most clubs are welcoming to all breeds, but there are a few that might make you feel "less than" for not having a GSD or Mal. If you get that feeling take note and keep looking.

Welcome from New Mexico, hope to hear more about you & your puppy? or dog!
Thanks for the welcome. I currently don't have a dog, but hope to have a Doberman from a working line by the end of the year. Just trying to be prepared.

I currently don't have a dog, but hope to have a Doberman from a working line by the end of the year. Just trying to be prepared
Good thinking! I hope the one that was recommended above is close. DG wouldn't steer you wrong. I belong to a great club but being so far away I only go over about once a month and that's not very productive for learning. So excited for you, stay in touch here, I'd love to see more working dog related threads here!

Back