1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Sam the Rottie

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Gelcoater, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

:( No, he isn’t a members dog.
    Close friends had to take Sam for his last vet visit and say goodby. Cancer.:(
    I want to say he’s 12 years old?

Sam was about a year/and a half ish when he was on his 3rd owner, and destined for the dog pound.
    He was deemed by previous owners as unruly, an asshole, wouldn’t follow command, had a mind of his own, wouldn’t listen. Untrainable.

He was very reactive when approached or touched from behind. Violently.

Jaysen and Joy had lost their previous Rott in the not too distant past, and decided to give this guy a chance.
    They figured out within a week he was a real handful.
    And he was completely deaf.

Once they figured that out Joy hit the internet and started learning signs, and teaching it to Sam.
    He responded well.
    To the point they say he minded as well or better than any other dog they’ve had.
    They worked him through his aggression issues, for the most part. Just leave the boy alone when he eats his supper;)
    In his forever home he became a great dog, and a few years later when their twins were born he placed them within his protection.
    Awesome camping dog, never wandered away, always alert.
    They had an E collar with a vibrate function to alert him to look at them for direction. It worked very well.

A few pics
    3E20879D-6FF9-4F7A-B91B-8691EFCE9A98.png ECEBAAB5-11FF-4101-A33F-9E63911FC8EA.png 4B395F87-B6A8-4728-AABE-7577E5542CFF.jpeg 6044EA39-A6B3-4B0C-996D-6A0B2E4A253B.jpeg F6FEBB0A-103E-4433-B558-AB69E021E097.jpeg
    I know their family is heart broken.
    He was a very special dog.
    I know my family will miss him.
    On a camping trip about 3 years ago.
    26A5E69F-3CC0-4C17-9E71-5B227A063A17.png
    He took a liking to my daughter and pretty much stuck to her like glue.:)

Run free, Sam. We’re going to miss you.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 12
  2. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear about your friends Rottie :(

I feel like I’ve seen pics of him in the past. Maybe on your camping trips.

Sounds like that boy couldn’t of asked for more. A loving, caring family. Run free Sam :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Ah man, I just started blubbering like a fool. I hate losing our family members which our pets are!
    Sam came to them for a reason and both he and his family learned and loved together. What a joy he filled in their life. Run free Sam. :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I'm sorry to hear this. This is that rottie that chased a bear away and then up a tree right? He was fearless. What a boy.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

Sad to hear but what a GREAT age for a Rottie!! He was LOVED! :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. blacknrust

blacknrust Notable member

Sounds like Sam had a great life with people who loved him. Condolences for your loss. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I remember Sam well! Beautiful boy. He will be missed. :(

Run free big guy!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gelcoater

He and the fearless female Rott there were bear patrol. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gelcoater

You could not be more right here.
    I’m not nor have I ever been a religious person.
    But.
    If one subscribed to such notions, Sam was their training tool. Delivered to prepare them.
    That little girl in the pic, one of the twins.
    Her hearing is very impaired.
    And... she’s a spitfire. :)
    Both of them are:)

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3