Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Safe for them to play?

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Ramos.cindy, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Ramos.cindy

Ramos.cindy Jr Member

I have more than 2 pups ( different breeds) Kings post is up and the bridge is close to the head due to blue. is it safe to let them play ? king no longer has stitches just his posts and they haven't been able to play together for a while due to the crop and then king getting parvo i think they have a lot of built up excitement to play together and i don't want them to have so much more time apart bc of SSA or MA (same sex aggression or male aggression)

2. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I'm glad to hear you put the bridge close to the skull. Seems to me it's much less likely to get snagged on things, or by another dog if it's down there.

I would say it's safe to let them play (in terms of the posts, anyway). Just keep an eye on any damage occurring to the posts, and inspect the ears and posts after play and fix anything that needs fixing.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Just so you know, playing together now will not stop SSA. Pups can love and play together all day until they mature, then one day playtime is over. Preventing SSA is more about establishing yourself as a strong leader and educating yourself on the signs a fight is about to break out. Of course there is a risk that there may nothing you can do but crate and rotate them but you may not know until maturity.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

How many dogs do you have?

Do they all have their shots now with enough days passed by that the shots are working? If so, supervised play should be fine but for added safety there should be no toys laying around for them to fight over and they shouldn't wear collars as they can get tangled up in each other.

5. Ramos.cindy

Ramos.cindy Jr Member

3 dogs but the oldest one doesn't like playing w the puppies

6. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Only issue I see, letting them play, is the annoyance of having to repost when the other pup playfully latches on and pulls it out.

No fun to post and then 15mins later have to tear down and redo...

It would be fun to watch though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ramos.cindy

Ramos.cindy Jr Member

Let them play and lucky there was minimum damages to the posts just a bit of paper tape became unstuck

• Like Like x 3
  8. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My female lost the tip of her ear with the pups playing while they were still in posts. Just something to be aware of.

• Wow x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1