• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Run free beautiful Demelza...

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
I'm so devastated for the family and another beloved dog gone too soon. :sorrow: She was like family to us too.
I'm just going to copy and paste what Lisa posted...

I am not one to share much sadness on my timeline. However, it's too hard emotionally for us to let everyone know individually, and there are friends who would want to know, there's no easy way to say this... Demelza, our beloved European Doberman, passed away yesterday and we are beyond devastated...she lost her life to DCM (congestive heart failure)... so unfair only 5 years old. We have all been robbed of her beautiful sweet face and beautiful soul. Atticus is inconsolable. This loss, will not be one I will be able to recover from, like I have with so many in the past. This was unnatural, painful and excruciating. I imported Demelza from Serbia, she arrived, and stole our hearts. Demelza was diagnosed with DCM June 29th. It was a shock to see her decline so rapidly. My dear friend Jan Schmid drove Demelza and I to the U of M Wednesday, hoping diagnostic tests and new medication would help her. I did everything I could possibly do to save this girl. We are in absolute shock. Jan's Doberman, Della, Demelza's friend and playmate, passed away July 2nd and we know Della was waiting for her at the end of the Rainbow Bridge, she wasn't alone.. Demelza was absolutely attached to us, had to see us, look in our eyes.... we are so grief stricken she can't do that anymore, but I believe she is right here watching us.
Thank you now, for all the condolences...

Demelza on couch July 2020.jpg

So incredibly sad and unfair...Her brother Drogon and Della are there waiting for her. Rest in Peace beautiful one. :sorrow:

So incredibly sad and unfair...Her brother Drogon and Della are there waiting for her. Rest in Peace beautiful one. :sorrow:
She was a litter mate of Drogon?

Sad to hear about this.
It’s been s very hard few months with several dogs gone, both here and my other home.
Hardest part of having dogs is the last part.

Oh I am sorry for your friend.. 5yrs old, way too young. What an absolutely beautiful girl. I lost a dog that was only 3yrs old, the pain of losing one so young it just unbearable. I truly feel for them..

Please read this I am sure your sweet girl will hear it.
You no longer greet me. As I walk through the door. You’re not here to make me smile. To make me laugh anymore. Life seems quiet without you. You were far more than a pet. You were a family member, a friend. A loving soul I will never forget. It will take time to heal. For the silence to go away. I still listen for you. I miss you every day. You were such a great companion. Constant, loyal, and true. My heart will always wear. The paw prints left by you

Nothing can fix the hole in your heart. It’s so tragic and absolutely heart breaking.

It’s a horrible disease that plagued our beloved breed.

Soar high Demelza, run, play and say and enjoy all of our babies just waiting to play with you.

RIP sweet girl, you will be missed by many. :sorrow:

I’m sorry for your lose dogs become apart of who we are and how our day to day lives play out. It’s unfair and tragic when we lose our best friends and more or less children being dogs especially young. Dobermans are very unique dogs and hold a special place in our hearts and it’s very sad dcm can take them young. RIP Demelza

This all went so quickly. One minute you were taking her to the vets and the next minute she was gone. Just devastating! Young or old, they all seem to go too fast! :( It just breaks my heart for all the many losses that we've had lately.

RIP. :sorrow:

RIP to the sweet girl, and only 5 years old makes it so much harder to take a loss like this. To hear that Atticus is taking it so hard must hurt even more for the owners.

Back