Rolled Leather Dog collars

jazzies mum

Hot Topics Subscriber
I have just ordered one for Jazz for Christmas and know that some of you have tried these. Are they better than flat collars to reduce hair loss? An upcoming trip in the new year will mean that I need to have a collar on Jazz continuously for quite a few weeks and her flat collars have always worn the hair thin. :)

I did a fairly extensive search and finally decided on the Hund rolled leather collar. We have been very happy with it, Italian leather made in Denmark. It is suppose to be easier on the neck and especially good for dogs with allergies. Our first order appeared to be lost in the mail so the owner of Hund sent us another one. It turned out the first one eventually arrived, we liked it well enough we kept it for a back up. If you google Hund it will come up.

I haven’t tried one, but it sounds like a good idea. We have a flat leather collar and it didn’t ruffle his fur as much as his flat nylon collar did. Lucky Jazz, new adventure coming up!

I haven’t tried one, but it sounds like a good idea. We have a flat leather collar and it didn’t ruffle his fur as much as his flat nylon collar did. Lucky Jazz, new adventure coming up!
The problem with flat collars as a permanent collar is that when I'm travelling she is tethered and led by it all the time and they actually rub the hair off her neck. Nylon is worse but leather does too. At home she can go naked during the day and just has her collar on at night so there is no problem but was just wondering whether the rolled leather worked or not. I will know after our trip! And yes, lucky Jazz and lucky me! We do love a road trip!!!

Savannah has one. It doesn't get under her fur like the flat collar did. I had to get the rolled short lead as well.
They are light and strong.

Attachments

• C1.JPG
    C1.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 25
  • C2.JPG
    C2.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 27
I got Bacall hers when she was around 7mos old. It’s also a Hund and has held up beautifully and looks elegant on her. Definitely is better than the flat collar for preventing hair loss. I bought the rolled leash as well. Takes a while to break in the leash.
EF5DAE91-5A8F-4174-8337-ED4BF34DFEFC.jpeg

I got Bacall hers when she was around 7mos old. It’s also a Hund and has held up beautifully and looks elegant on her. Definitely is better than the flat collar for preventing hair loss. I bought the rolled leash as well. Takes a while to break in the leash.
View attachment 103172
Glad to hear that it is better for preventing that hair loss, and the added bonus is that it does look really good! I think I will stay with the flat lead though.

Back