1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Rob Peladeau: "Behaviorist Dog Trainer" | Talks at Google

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by strykerdobe, Dec 5, 2018.

1. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Pretty interesting info.

Rob Peladeau: "Behaviorist Dog Trainer" | Talks at Google
    Behaviorist dog trainer Rob Peladeau, of NexGenK9, will be here to share strategies for training your dog.
    Rob Peladeau has been training dogs for almost twenty years. Rob specializes in behavior

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

This showed up in my YouTube feed a week or two ago and I thought it was great info!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes just saw it yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

Watched the whole thing through. Some great info, and I think a Malinoise might be a harder dog than a Doberman!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Staying away from that breed for sure!

6. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

You know, I have been thinking about this video on and off for a couple of days and I'm not sure I totally agree with some of what he says. No problem at all with his methods and dog handling, I think they are spot on, but I do think that our dogs learn much more of our spoken language than he gave credit for. It does have to be learnt by association of course, but by the time my last dog was 5 yrs old you had to be very careful what you said in conversation. If anyone said "out there" in any context at all she would erupt into a frenzy of barking and looking for the potential threat, which startled quite a few of our visitors. :rofl: This was because we had to train her to be an alert watchdog, and would sometimes quietly say "who's out there" to draw her attention to some one around. Her vocabulary was huge by the time she died at 9. I'm not sure that Jazz will ever be as good with words, as it's just her and me, and I do a lot of my communication with signals.

Also, I do think there is a stubborn, contrary, attitude with some dogs, especially some Dobermans. I would never have questioned that statement of his until I had Jazz, and now I know that they can be quite deliberately stubborn! Yep!

If I had seen his video before I started out with Jazz it would have given me a bit of a heads up and a some quite useful methods to try with her, but it wouldn't have solved all our problems. Those just had to be dealt with as they cropped up and solutions found on the fly. What would have really helped me would have been to see this very proficient trainer having his own trouble with an excitable high energy dog. There were times in Jazzies first 6 - 8 months when I thought I was such a useless trainer and was going to have a problem dog because I failed her!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1