Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Ripley's Trick Novice Title and Continued OB Training

Discussion in 'Schutzhund and Ring Sports' started by Rits, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Ripley got her certificate for her Trick Novice title in the mail! Her very first title she earned at 6months! Yipee!

Sunday morning we started up another obedience class to continue to work on her and my skills. I want to expand our toolbox so we are trying another instructor and location. She recognized us right away from shows, lol! When I reached out to her through email I saw that she had/has multiple dogs with competition titles and told her my goals to begin to bridge the gap from pet obedience to precision and competition obedience. Her family raised and bred dobermans for years, and now she has aussies. About half the class is there with the goal to compete and she gives us tips to shape and prepare them for that while spending time with the other 3 for more beginner obedience. There are only six dogs so it's a perfect size where she goes around to each of us to watch and give pointers. She even sent a recap email and VIDEO with a reminder of what to work on before the next class, with tips & tricks of her actually doing the things with her dogs. I was impressed and the video is so helpful. I think we're in great hands!

FB_IMG_1610438682131.jpg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 13
  2. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Good girl, Ripley! :congrats:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  3. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Hot Topics Subscriber

:congrats: Good girl Ripley and what a great photo!
    Sounds like you have found a really good trainer there and with Doberman experience too. :thumbsup2:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::gun::gun::gun:

5. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

Well done! What a great class you've found, too, it sounds like!

6. Ravenbird

Ravenbird $ Forum Donor $

Congratulations - Ripley is going to be such a well rounded dog! Her photo looks so sweet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AnnV

AnnV $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Congratulations!! That is really wonderful, fun and exciting!!

8. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Wow, congratulations, and just 6 months old! You're going to have to make space for an awards section for her!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Good girl Ripley! You guys are doing an awesome job with her! :congrats:

10. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I hope so! She's a smart cookie but there are times I feel overwhelmed when theres so much to work on! Not only is she tired at the end of the day from all the mental work but honestly I am too :rofl:

Yea ! Class flies by so quick and you work on so much in that one hour that the real work comes from you working on the things at home. I sometimes forget some things after all that so the video was sooo awesome to have!! She is helping us learn how to wean off of treats, build engagement and focus, and she allows prongs and corrections for known behaviors :thumbsup2:

I'm actually really looking forward to that. We bought a few acres of land in 2019 right before Christmas. We had hoped to build and be moved in by fall of 2020 but we learned my mother in law had Stage 4 pancreatic cancer so we put our plans on the back burner to travel back and forth and spend all the time we could with her. Then Covid hit. Past few months we have been busy getting house plans laid out, the loan approved and all of that is set in stone. We are set to move in Sept of this year! So excited to have our own space and space for the dogs!

• Like Like x 4
  11. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh that's the truth for sure.
    Wow that's awesome! We had a really good time laying out the house plans and remembering all of the fine details some builders might skimp on.

12. Ravenbird

Ravenbird $ Forum Donor $

Do I ever know about this one. I just wish like hell I had your teachers and classes! It's so frustrating to get so far into something and not have an instructor to instantly correct you. You realize mistakes a week or two down the pike & then have to back up. So many things to do, such a smart dog to do them with!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1