Ripley Show Thread

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
I noticed that and her chest is filling out way faster than her sisters.
You think so? You should see some of the chests on ones in the ring, especially on younger ones. I almost think some are overdone. I see/hear comments about fronts being too extreme lately. She's a little long in the leg in the rear in my eye so it makes her look long overall but she's almost exactly square in body in length and height.

She's looking SO GOOD!!!!!
Isn't she!? I still see her as a goofy puppy at home. Its amazing to see the difference when she's in show mode.

I’m super excited for you guys, she’s such a special, awesome little lady.
She really is. She couldn't have entered our life at a better time. We both really needed her and her unconditional love that she gives and her always happy personality that draws so many people in. We are both kind of homebodies liking to stay home so she gets us out there and meeting new folks just as crazy about their dogs as we are 😁

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
Such an awesome photo of Team Ripley! Tell them both I'm proud of them and a wee bit envious I didn't delve into this "sport" for Asha.
You should see some of the chests on ones in the ring, especially on younger ones. I almost think some are overdone. I see/hear comments about fronts being too extreme lately
Personally I've seen some exaggerated chests that are really really going down the wrong road conformationally. I definitely think many fronts are too extreme when looking at random photos across the internet... however, your dog looks perfect. I love that her other activities are showing up in every inch of her body. Those defined muscles are beautiful! :love:

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
however, your dog looks perfect. I love that her other activities are showing up in every inch of her body. Those defined muscles are beautiful! :love:
Trying not to toot my own bias horn (but it is a thread about her!) I personally love that she doesn't look extreme (and Phoebe too for that matter). Its interesting how many people have said something about that too to us. That she looks substantial in body and ability to work but still looks like a female. She has her flaws, as they all do. I'm slowly developing an eye for them as I watch dobermans in the ring, photos on the net in conformation groups, and try to read and reread the standard to learn. Thank you for the wonderful compliments. It truly warmed my heart!! :love: :love: I'll be sure to let them know they have a support team from DCF rooting them on through this journey! :D

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
You should see some of the chests on ones in the ring, especially on younger ones. I almost think some are overdone. I see/hear comments about fronts being too extreme lately.
I definitely have to agree about some of them being over done; especially when they're young. After they really fill out and mature they probably will be out of proportion.
This was a couple days ago and the angle isn't great but it seems to me Ripley has a more filled out chest.
Semi stacked by pine tree Nov 9 21.JPG

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
I definitely have to agree about some of them being over done; especially when they're young. After they really fill out and mature they probably will be out of proportion.
This was a couple days ago and the angle isn't great but it seems to me Ripley has a more filled out chest.
View attachment 122671
Ill have to grab a front shot, they look pretty close for depth of breast between the legs.

Two Dobes

Hot Topics Subscriber
Congrats to team Ripley! Conformation is hard when you are handling your own dog....so kudos to you all!!!!!! I became very discouraged with it many years ago, because the "known" handlers always won. I had even taken a handling course with a professional...so great job!!!! She is beautiful, and I like to hear that the judge recognized her for how she looks, instead of "who" you guys were. ;)