Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Ripley playing with another Dobe!

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Rits, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

At our show over the weekend we were connected with two others that were together showing their Dobes. One with 30 years experience and the other showing her 1 year old male for the first time. We talked and found out Higgins is her first Dobe AND first dog! Wow they are doing GREAT for a first timer! Higgins is partially related to Ripley. His sire was co-owned by our breeder.

Apparently... Higgins lOvEs puppies and was dying to play with her all day at the show but couldnt play there or it'd get too rowdy. He kept peeking at her in her kennel and she was like "woah, that's a big dog looking in at me". Well after the show we were invited to hang out later and they finally got to play! They were both in heaven!! I wish I caught the very first minute of them meeting and playing. They hit it off immediately... First thing they did was do about 10 play bows back to back at each other, scooting closer and closer with each play bow. It was hilarious. She's gonna be getting a female dobe puppy soon so she was tickled at how well Higgins was being gentle with Ripley.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  2. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

OMG That's so CUTE! :sob::hearteyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That’s awesome!

Higgins was wonderful. He was dancing with her!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

She's such a little jumping bean!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

How great is that? He was super gentle too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PhilT

PhilT $ Premium Subscriber $

Looks like good fun on both sides great to see little and large can play so well together ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rits

I swear she came installed with a built in pogo stick. Now imagine 40lbs thumping across the floor in the house. Non. Stop. That's Ripley :facepalm: Good thing we don't live in an apartment. Couldnt imagine staying friends with any neighbors below. :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Super cute! I miss our play dates with other Dobermans! Kaiser heard the commotion and initially barked, then realized the sound was coming from my computer and watched the play session haha. Then he let out a frustration bark and left. Maybe I should get him his own little Dober to play with lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How much fun is that? They look a lot like our two playing together.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  11. Rits

Haha I should have put a warning disclaimer that Elton was barking in the background since not only his momma was out eating but Higgins was playing with the little brat. :D Yes, you should get another. Can't get any worse, can it? You been through it once. :p:p:p We held Higgins for a bit and my hubby melted and so did Higgins, in his lap lol! I asked my husband what does he think about a 2nd when its time and he grinned and hesitated, because he would like another lab one day but now I think his mind has been swayed... might have to have 3 dogs LOL.

Speaking of which... the last two dobermans I was around was a while ago. They were both male but I just don't remember them being so big. And not big in a bad way. There is a pic of Elton at DPCA Nationals last year and it made me realize conformation pics are VERY deceiving. The hate or opinions people have on NA/SA dobes looking like they are weak or could break is wrong. So very wrong. They are incredibly substantial in person. I wouldn't want to be in the way of one or on the wrong side.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That is so true! I have seen some (not all) NA Dobermans bred to be too fragile but I've always felt that SA's are a perfect balance between the bigger boned Euros and the finer boned NA'a.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Adorable! I'll bet Ripley slept well that night.:sleep:

• Agree Agree x 1