Ripley - Jackson, MI show

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Happy early birthday present for Derek. Ripley earned her very first competition points and won Best Female for her first time out as a 6-12mo, against an adult female!! Judge Linda Kepner said as soon as Derek/Ripley get her feet under her (which will happen with time/experience) that she will do GREAT and that she "is a very nice puppy." This feedback was given after assignments were made for Best of Breed against 3 other wonderful Dobermans. So thankful for the compliments and tips from everyone as we navigate our way through this new unplanned journey together! Everyone has been so friendly, too.

PXL_20201220_203423832.jpg

Separate stack that isn't as nice but I love being able to see her expression in this pic.
PXL_20201220_202854287.jpg

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
:congrats: She sure is a beauty and I think you guys are going to go places with her with your dedication. Derek is doing an awesome job too.

So thankful for the compliments and tips from everyone as we navigate our way through this new unplanned journey together! Everyone has been so friendly, too.
That's what I absolutely love about the UKC, unlike other venues.

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Wow!!!

congrats.... gotta be proud!
I am so proud!! We went in for more experience since she's still so young. It was a small venue and she was super wiggly with all the commotion but she straightened up. He felt a little rushed with her the first show but then she won! So for her to win with that, and over a mature female, means A LOT! Marcy, who helped us at our very first show, was there and said "see? Don't doubt yourself."

Derek is doing an awesome job too.
He's been telling people that he is shocked how much he is enjoying showing and having fun with it :D

Ripley won reserve the second show against the same female, different judge though. However, she did so much better on standing still for the judge and she did great for having her mouth exam! Both shows she had a beautiful gait. We always finish it off with playing with her so she thinks its the best thing ever. She slept so hard today :thumbsup: well time to wake up because our last class for obedience class is tonight! We are having our last class in a store so hopefully she will be tired and well behaved :whistle:

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
He's been telling people that he is shocked how much he is enjoying showing and having fun with it
That is the icing on the cake when you guys are enjoying it, the pup is enjoying it and it's physically and mentally satisfying her. :thumbsup: