1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

RIP Lucy

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Antman408, Oct 11, 2019 at 7:50 AM.

1. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

Not sure if you all remember, but my friend took in Lucy over a year+ ago. Over that time they developed a bond and provided the very best treatment and training she could for Lucy and her issues.

Unfortunately last night Lucy passed away from complications due to surgery. Lucy was left over the weekend in someone’s care while my friend was on a trip and Lucy consumed an object that ultimately gave her a blockage. She had surgery to remove the item, however it was too late and she had developed aspirational pneumonia. Her lung collapsed and her heart stopped last night around 10pm. CPR was administered for over a half hour but nothing could be done.

Lucy was a wonderful dog and a pleasure to interact with. Her time was short, but I know it was happy.

85291C76-A74D-4EB4-AE4B-A4E3D99736E6.jpeg 875BBFC7-9B57-4C8B-AA22-A57F1C818E95.jpeg

• Empathetic Empathetic x 20
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  2. WILD ACE

WILD ACE Member

so sorry for everyones loss. just breaks my heart and makes me want to hug my own a little extra.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry. :( RIP Lucy :sorrow:

4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh, gosh, how heartbreaking! I'm so sorry. :(

RIP Lucy:sorrow:

5. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

Oh how sad! I am so sorry for the loss.

6. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh this is so sad. RIP sweet Lucy!:sorrow:

Run Free

7. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

8. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Member

She will be waiting for you

9. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

So very very sorry. RIP Lucy

10. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

So many twists and turns in this poor girls short life. So sad to hear this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

Sadly her life was cut short. However I can say, the last year+ she had a wonderful life and lived it to the fullest.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 7
  12. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

So sorry about this :(
    Run free sweetie

13. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

You all have my deepest condolences. From personal experience of losing a beloved furry friend to an intestinal blockage, I’ve felt that horrendous pain :(

^^This is everything! You can see it in her eyes, the pure love.

It sounds like she had the most amazing 12 months + with a wonderful, loving family. It just breaks my heart that that was cut short.

RIP sweet girl! :sorrow:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 3:47 PM
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Run free, sweet Lucy.

15. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How very tragic... Run free sweet Lucy. :sorrow:

16. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

Such happy photos and what a blessing she had a good life in the end. So sorry for the sudden loss of this beautiful girl! :sorrow:

17. blacknrust

blacknrust Notable member

Sorry for your loss

18. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

Oh my incredibly sad. I am sure the friend feels just horrible. What a sad situation for all. Deepest condolences.

19. C908

C908 Member

I do remember the Lucy story, so sorry for your loss.

20. Lisak444

Lisak444 New Member

Deepest sympathy