• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Rip Bleu

MyBuddy

Hot Topics Subscriber
My Aunt rescue Bleu from a shelter many years ago. A beautiful black cat that was skittish until he got to know you! Then he was your friend. :) When my Aunt's health was failing she told me that she worried that her beloved cat would not have a home. I told her not to worry, that one of us would make sure he was well cared for! I really didn't expect it when she passed away suddenly from a stroke in 2002. :(

When it was said and done, my mom gave Bleu a home. :D

Recently, Bleu seemed to have had a stroke and couldn't move his back end. When we thought it was the end, he rallied once more. But sadly, a month or so after that, he took a turn for the worst and we knew his time with us was limited. We had the sad job of letting him go. I told him to look for my Aunt. Surely she was looking for him!

Sleep softly, Bleu! We'll miss you! :sorrow:

His Majesty.JPG

Aww, RIP Blue.... :( I know that he did rally through the episode a while back and he had a great life with all of the love he had. It's so hard to lose them and our condolences go out to all of you. :sorrow:

So sorry to hear about Bleu - He was a beautiful kitty - I always had a black cat when the kids were growing up. I love them. RIP Bleu.

Thank you all. Very sad time for us and especially my mom, who has cared for Bleu for the last 9 years. She is 87 years old herself and has watched a lot of animals pass on, humans too. She still has her little tiny toy poodle for comfort, which is good.

In this day and age of a card for everything, it's not unusual to get a sympathy card from your Vet. One came to my house the other day from my Vet who put Bleu down and it brought fresh tears to my eyes. Signed by all the personnel, it also included this poem. I couldn't read it right away and when I did, I made the decision to not give it to my mom. (the card was addressed to me and mom and sent to my address because it was my personal Vet) I just feel it will only open new wounds for her. She tends to forget a bit at her age and although I knew she realizes he is gone, this would just give her something to dwell over and I don't think it's in her best interest. But I thought I would share it here:

When the sun didn't shine, you could always make me smile and let me know you cared. Your silent sympathy while sitting on my lap was a great a comfort as almost any words a friend could speak.

I saw you show "almost" human traits. You were so loyal, yet so independent...so somber, yet so playful. You had the regal bearing of a king or queen, yet at unguarded moments, you scampered around more like a court jester. You could be deadly serious while stalking any fly or spider who was so foolish as to enter 'your' house or you could show unbounded delight and unashamed joy while attacking your catnip toys or a common shoestring dangled over your furry head.

You brought peace and laughter to any empty space. This house was merely a box containing furniture and cold metal appliances until somehow you transformed it into a home. What magic you possessed!! By your loving nature and gracefulness, you had great power to make a harsh world seem just a little bit better. How wonderful you were!

If I could have pampered you more I surely would have. People of this earth could learn much from you. You said not a word, but by your actions you could teach us. You seemed to have found the secret of contentment and tranquility. Men have searched for centuries and have found no peace, yet you were happy with what seemed so little and with such simple things....A dish of food...A soft place to nap....Warmth in the winter...A gentle hand, a scratch under your chin.

How did you become so wise and so good?

Is it fair that your lifespan was so short? My heart is so heavy and full of questions. Do you have a soul? Will I see you again someday? The answer just has to be a resounding "YES!" For would it really be Heaven if cats were not allowed?! I think not.......what a cold, empty place it would be!

Though I realize your nine lives are exhausted, I prefer to think of you as merely taking an extra long, peaceful nap. So sleep well, my friend. I will never forget you...Sleep well..............

Back