1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Rest in Peace " Max " you will be sorely missed by many

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Liberty & Justice, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Liberty & Justice

Liberty & Justice Formerly Sophia's Justice Hot Topics Subscriber

The Doberman community lost a dear soul on Oct 23rd. " Max " represented the breed to such a high standard that we all should strive for. He was beautiful, fit, with a gentle heart. He was loved by many, more importantly to our friend " Max Hawk " as she's known. Max, Liberty and Justice will miss seeing your beautiful photo's, but it's no comparison to how Maureen and her Husband and now Jake feel. I hope you find this video as a tribute to his fantastic life. Maureen you are in my thoughts today...............Much love from Sophia's Liberty and Justice and Stephen.

View: http://youtu.be/J6C1-agZOQU

• Like Like x 11
  2. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Max Hawk my heart goes out to you in this time of deep sadness and loss. Thank you Max for all the beautiful pictures and stories.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Beautiful tribute, Stephen.

Still crying over this after seeing it on FB last night. Such a huge loss.

Hugs to you, Maureen...your husband and Jake too. Max was a special boy. He was loved and known by many through your beautiful photographs. Although he is gone, he will never be forgotten. Not ever. Thinking of you all and sending prayers.

RIP handsome Max. Run free......

• Like Like x 10
  4. Liberty & Justice

Well said Archer, thanks for caring !

• Like Like x 7
  5. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

my heart goes out to Maureen we all know the bond she had with Max her heart boy he has taken part of her heart with him, Stephen has made a beautiful tribute for Maureen and Max:sorrow:

• Like Like x 9
  6. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

:(:sorrow:

Rest in Peace,Max.
    Sympathy and condolences to the family.

• Like Like x 8
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It deeply saddened me to hear this news and he was a beautiful, special boy who will always be in our hearts. :(

Max Hawk, our deepest condolences go out to you and I know how heart broken and devastated you and your family are right now. Please know we're always here to talk whenever you want to.

Run free beautiful Max. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 9
  8. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

Beautiful Max, I loved you for years in the photographs that Maureen shared to all of us, I feel like you were one of my dogs and I have cried for two days now, knowing you are gone. I know you are at the rainbow bridge running free, all my love to you

• Like Like x 9
  9. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

I have watched this video several times and cry every time, Stephen You did a great job my friend

• Like Like x 9
  10. obbanner

obbanner $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

A very beautiful video. Max Hawk I'm sorry for your loss. It's our loss as well. Art

• Like Like x 6
  11. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

Tribute To A Best Friend

Sunlight streams through window pane
    unto a spot on the floor....
    then I remember,
    it's where you used to lie,
    but now you are no more.
    Our feet walk down a hall of carpet,
    and muted echoes sound....
    then I remember,
    It's where your paws would joyously abound.
    A voice is heard along the road,
    and up beyond the hill,
    then I remember it can't be yours....
    your golden voice is still.
    But I'll take that vacant spot of floor
    and empty muted hall
    and lay them with the absent voice
    and unused dish along the wall.
    I'll wrap these treasured memorials
    in a blanket of my love
    and keep them for my best friend
    until we meet above.

• Like Like x 9
  12. FredC

FredC Guest

That was an amazing tribute Stephen.

Maureen I am so sorry and saddened by the announcement. My condolences to you and your family..

Rest in peace Max, you were a true ambassador who touched so many. We will miss you dearly.

• Like Like x 11
  13. Liberty & Justice

Though we never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, I felt like I knew him so well thru the amazing photo's Max Hawk shared with us for years. His is a talented, and beautiful boy that I know will be missed forever. I'll never forget him and I wanted Max Hawk to have a safe keeping of a video of sorts. She has tens of thousands of beautiful pictures to remember him, but sometimes it's nice to have someone else tell a story for memory sake. Run free pal !!!

• Like Like x 8
  14. StarlightDobe

StarlightDobe Hot Topics Subscriber

I feel asi f I knew Max, even though I have never met him or his wonderful family. I have watched through Marueens photos and stories and fell in love with the gentle soul that he was. I cry every time I see the video, because such a gentle loving soul had to leave us and go back to God. My heart goes out to everyone whose life he touched, especially Maureen her husband, Jake, and the wonderful grandson who was in so many pictures.
    God Bless, and run free Max, you have many friends waiting at the bridge to guide you and keep you company.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Gelcoater

+1
    Max Hawk please know that we are mourning with you.
    Watched that video this morning,Max has been in my thoughts throughout the day,I'm sure through the weeks to come.
    My own two even know something has got me down,they always know.
    Thinking of you....

• Like Like x 7
  16. ariegel

ariegel Active Member

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Your family is in my prayers.:sorrow:

• Like Like x 6
  17. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Maureen, our hearts go out to you. Such a sweet and beautiful boy. We'll all miss him.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Max Hawk

Max Hawk Hot Topics Subscriber

Hi everyone..I did not realize that there was a post already here about Max.. I keep meaning to post more on here but it seems I just never get around to it.. I am going to post a thread about him very shortly. Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it very much. I know that many of you have been where I am now and I'm heart broken but it comes with loving them and I know that too.. The only thing I hate about having and loving a dog is this time. Max I have to say has been the hardest. There was something about him that was so special. He just was so close to me for so many reasons. It was his time and I have to accept it but I shall always miss him terribly. He was almost 12 and that is about all we can ask for and he lived a great life. Thanks again all of you for caring. I am looking right away for a new pup. I just can't stand that unused dish and Jake running out in the field all alone. As someone told me once the new pup may not be able to fill the old dogs shoes but he'll fill his own shoes. My beloved Max can't be replaced ever in my heart but we sure can love another one and that's what we are going to do. They bring so much joy into our lives and unfortunately at the end of it some sorrow. I know Max is running free now and he's young again..he's not in pain anymore or bound by his old body. When he went he took a piece of my heart. Jake misses him too and has looked for him everywhere and howled for him both yesterday and today. The cat too! He really was the hub of this place and everything that went on seemed to somehow have him at the center. We shall all miss him. Still crying

• Like Like x 11
  19. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

Hugs to you M.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Gelcoater

Shoes.
    Who ever old you that was exactly right.The shoes will never be filled but a new set holds a certain comfort.
    Do it all in your own time.
    It was close to two weeks before I even moved or touched Maxie's dish after she was gone.

What you,your family and Max had was yours and yours alone.Your memories,your experience.Cherish it always.We all thank you for your glimpse in pictures you shared.

• Like Like x 5