1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Reputable breeders

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by RIP, Mar 1, 2017.

1. RIP

RIP New Member

Anyone got a list I can look at.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  2. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

What are you looking for? I know quite a few breeders.

3. RIP

RIP New Member

I would like a red female or male. Don't know which yet.

4. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 2
  5. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

I meant, a pet, working line, conformation or a combination of both. Then do you prefer American look or euro. DPCA is good place if you are looking for American conformation breed dogs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RIP

RIP New Member

This is all new to me. I guess it's time to do some homework

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Yah, honestly, I wish it were as cut and dry as there being a list of reputable breeders. I guess the DPCA list does that to a certain extent, but it's not a sure thing.

I think the way to approach it is knowing what to look for and what to avoid, then applying this knowledge to your search.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. RIP

RIP New Member

I want a pet/member of the family I want a Doberman that will protect my family when Im not around but also want one that is gentle as well. Conformation is a must

9. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

When you say conformation is a must, are you wanting to show your dog?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  10. RIP

RIP New Member

No I just don't want a over/under bite correct posture ect

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That's cool. What I meant though when I said "what to look for" and "what to avoid" was in finding a good reputable breeder, not what qualities you are looking for in a Dobe. I know the two aspects are intertwined to a certain extent, but yeah.

• Like Like x 2