1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Reputable Breeders near KY

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by jbhuff10, Jul 14, 2018.

1. jbhuff10

jbhuff10 Novitiate

In Kentucky and surrounding states. I am looking for a family companion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Kentucky
    (Bowling Green) SWIFT RUN DOBERMANS
    Tammy Marshall-Weldon (270) 392-0568
    swift3530@aol.com
    www.swiftrundobermans.com

Kentucky
    (Covington) KEENEDALE DOBES
    Florence Keene (859) 356-8181

I got these contacts off of the Doberman Pinscher Club of America. DPCA | The Doberman | Breeder Referral

The contacts from the DPCA are reputable breeders that breed for the breed not for the money.

Do your research and make sure they health test and have the proper temperament you desire. Beware of the greeders that will tell you anything.

• Like Like x 2
  3. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes on Swift Run

4. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

No on Swift Run if you do not want a handful of a working Doberman. Know what you're getting into.

And, there's a Dobe breeder in Covington? I didn't know that! That's like 5 miles from my house!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Starline Dobermans is in Gaston, Indiana.

The DPCA Breeder Referral list is a great place to start. However, still do your research. Request health screening documentation. Ask what hereditary issue they are aware of behind the dam & sire.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Sir.duke865

Sir.duke865 Member

We have a few differ options around here I'm just below you in knox, Tennessee. If your just looking for a pet have you looked into rescue at all. The lady who runs Tennessee Doberman rescue owns the facility we train in, and she knows her dobies if your just wanting a pup i always recommend at least seeing what they have,

• Like Like x 2
  7. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Well, actually, it's not like a working-line breeder would sell to someone who they didn't think was a good fit. I don't know if you are, or if you're not. I just wanted to sort of add to what I wrote above.

Also, with the Covington KY breeder (I have not looked them up yet): Of course do your homework and be skeptical. From what I've seen, there is not a whole lot in Covington that is, well, very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jbhuff10

jbhuff10 Novitiate

I am only looking for a family companion, preferably a pup. I have been researching the last few months and found a handful of what seems to be reputable breeders. Just seeing if any of their names come up here as well as any other breeders I may have overlooked. I'm trying to dig into some different Dobie communities and get as much info as possible from others that are more informed than myself. Thanks for any help.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Good breeder but as mentioned she breeds working-line dogs. If you contact them just be honest that you only want a home pet. Not every dog bred from working-lines are fit for work. She may have dogs that she doesn't feel would make good working dogs and may feel they are good in a pet home. Mind you it is often difficult to evaluate a young puppy and even if she feels the dog is not fit for work, it may turn out to be a strong dog and may be more than you want for a pet.
    That being said I wouldn't limit yourself to surrounding states. The right dog is worth the drive. I drove from Chicago to Long Island, NY to get my new pup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

The only advice I have is to make sure you know what you're getting. Sometimes people don't realize there is a difference between American and Euro Dobes.

11. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

While the list is a good starting point, the breeders on it are not all reputable. It is still very important to do your research and verify all the information.

• Agree Agree x 3