• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Reputable Breeder/Clubs in West Virginia

R

Rosa

I have a friend who was so unfortunate as to get hooked on the Doberman due to my bad influence. His parents are moving from Canada to West Virginia, and he is looking for good breeders or a place where he can work around dogs (Dobes specifically) in that area. I already recommended he look at DPCA and UDC for breeders and clubs where he can get a feel for this. He is new to the idea of working sports and particular drives. For example, he thought that to get drive, he had to go full working line. Whereas, full working line is more driven in the area of the protection sports, and he could find a perfectly driven Doberman somewhere else. So, going to shows or clubs would help him figure out exactly what he wants in his dog. I could definitely see him getting into performance sports based on his work with his dogs (St. Bernard and Bernese Mt. Dog). I also told him he should join a place like this to ask people, maybe find people in the area that could assist him in his journey. Anyway, the more advice the better in my opinion.

Kaiser2016

I like the idea of finding a club down there and then visiting several to see what they recommend. Club members typically know who the best breeders are based on his goals.

R

Rosa

I like the idea of finding a club down there and then visiting several to see what they recommend. Club members typically know who the best breeders are based on his goals.
Yes, that is my opinion as well. Especially since he really needs to find HIS love in dog sports, not to be swept away by my passion for the working/biting sports. I would say that conformation is not his goal, but I'm not sure that the biting sports are really what he wants. Of course, even within the biting sports, he would have to make a choice as to which he trained for. My personal favorite is IGP, although I have discovered that KNPV training is available in Suriname. I don't think I could ever convince my parents to let me take Shylah there even if she recovered fully from her eating disorder.