Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Reporting posts &

Discussion in 'Doberman Chat Announcements' started by JanS, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

We have seen a large number of reported posts in the past few weeks, so I wanted to take a moment to go over the guidelines of reporting posts, which is a helpful feature, but can also be misused.

The report post feature on Doberman Chat is to be used for reporting posts that do not comply with our rules and spammers, NOT for complaining about other members or asking for posts to be deleted because you don't like them. While we do look at every reported post, the staff is very busy with many other behind the scenes issues, and over use of the "report post" option adds to the load. Posts will be removed at the staffs digression if they're clearly violating a rule, but we can not and will not resolve personal issues between members because there is a difference of opinion.

Another issue that should be addressed are the moderator rules. Some of you may not be aware of it, but the moderators do have a strict set of rules in place that must be complied with in order to keep things fair and running smoothly on the board.
    One of those rules that is often seen broken on many boards is that the staff must remain totally unbiased toward all of the members of the board. If you are personal friends with any of the staff, please don't put them on the spot by contacting them individually asking them to take sides. It is strictly forbidden and could result in the dismissal of that staff member.
    I haven't personally seen this happen yet on DC, but it is very common, and needs to be addressed while the board is still young.

I'd like to thank all of our members for complying with the rules so nicely, and also for your helpful contributions that make this a pleasant place for everyone to enjoy.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Faber

Faber Jr Member

hey, i dont agree w/this post....how do I report it?
    just kidding....:)

3. FredC

FredC Guest

Click the icon below to report this post.
    [​IMG]
    :lolup:​

4. DLS

DLS Notable member

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!! Hey, don't set me up like this. I am the kind of person that MUST push THE Buttons! lol

5. Faber

Faber Jr Member

that's great!.....
    hey, glad to see you around man....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.