1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Rehome reason is ridiculous

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Mystic, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

This boy is from Moses Lake, Wa
    Really hope someone who knows the breed can help him. All because of a new home they think he needs a new one again. Hmmm..what he needs is training and time to adjust to the move they made. Maybe he would be better off who knows how to work with him and give him the proper home.
    CE8D51AE-F42C-4D3E-BD23-985F34D42A25.png CE8D51AE-F42C-4D3E-BD23-985F34D42A25.png

• Wow x 2
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

It is sad to see how low the threshold is for getting rid of a dog. Imagine if friends and family discarded each other so easily.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

I cannot tell you how many rehoming ads I’ve seen and the reasons are always the same. “We’re moving” ok so don’t move somewhere you can’t have your dog. I have a pit bull, a GSD, and a Doberman mix and I found a place. They’re out there! “I’m pregnant” so what? Never understood that one.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

Yea exactly. This one here just comes down to them not wanting to handle the new behaviors he is exhibiting. Just sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes very sad!

6. BamMoMoMommy

BamMoMoMommy $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $

Breaks my heart.....sad guess...three months after the new "owner" takes him home...he'll be re homed again....or worse.

Not a huge leap to figure he is going to have some psychological issues that will need to be addressed...beyond training.

*Fingers crossed* who ever shows up with that "150 buck re home fee" (feel my head trying to explode) knows the breed inside and out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

"he runs away when taking him to potty"? um, why not try a leash on him? jeezus.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

Sounds like a shitty owner. I’d never rehome my family for any reason. Hell, I moved specifically to give my guy a bigger home. However this persons reason is common. When I was at the shelter picking up Trixie, a woman was trying to pick her lost dog up. There was a fee associated with picking him up, she literally said “I don’t want to pay that. I’m sure someone will adopt him” and was about to leave until the guy at the counter said he’d waive the fee.

the truth is, most humans are like this with animals. It’s saddening.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Wow x 1
  9. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

Yes there are to many people like this. I help out with my local shelters and pick up animals. A lady a while back had Mali that kept getting loose. He showed up at my house and she picked him up. Seemed grateful and telling me her husband paid lot’s of money for him so she was happy to get him back. Well that dog ended up right back at the shelter again and this time she didn’t get him and much have surrendered him. He went up for adoption. Obviously to much dog for them.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  10. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Mals are too much dog for most dog people... its a shame people don't do more research on a 10-15 year commitment.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. BamMoMoMommy

BamMoMoMommy $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $

This makes my head throb. Re home is so much better then just letting them end up with animal control.....and yes I know I am writing that IN a thread ABOUT crappy re homing....but the extra stress of being left in a shelter/ animal control pound....just compounds the issues a dog will have when they get to a new owner.

Bless you for working with the shelter....it's takes some serious dedication to stick with it over time.
    (I used to do that...til I got to the point I was so burnt out and disgusted with humans...I was plotting ways to put them down.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. MelonJ

MelonJ Notable member

There are these nifty new-fangled doohickeys called LEASHES. :facepalm:Something else is going on here. They just don’t want the dog anymore.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Everyone who doesn’t want to put in the required effort comes up with any of the aforementioned lame excuses. Why not just be honest and say “the dog is too much for me”?

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh, :censored: :rp: I would have given that woman a piece of my mind! And it wouldn't have been pretty!! They should have kept the dog! She did not deserve him! Talk about going to a bad home! :timebomb:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

And another idiot! Wtf?
    Really? A trade?

0002AAF8-B5E4-445F-9738-073A15AE94F3.png

• Empathetic Empathetic x 2
    • Wow x 1
  16. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

People are idiots! Just idiots!

• Agree Agree x 1