Rehome/purchase

JAXON

I am looking to rehome/purchase a young/adolescent Dobie (cropped/docked) m/f , blk/rust or red /rust. Rescues make unreasonable judgements. Time. training, knowledge of breed, care and love should be requirements not a 6 ft. fence. My dog will only be out with me. I live in Florida and drive ;) Thanks for any realistic suggestions.

TY, I appreciate ur response and am sure others feel the same. I do realize the responsibility the rescue organizations have but most I've contacted (6) were excessive.

I didn't have great luck with rescues either when I was looking several years ago. I understand their intent but they can be challenging.

Often times, breeders will have older pups they kept for showing that didn't quite pan out or a dog that was returned to them for one reason or another. It's been my experience that they also want the best situation for their dogs but I've not personally seen them require any particular fencing.

Might be worth reaching out to some local reputable breeders, as well.

I agree and have been doing that simultaneously. However is anyone hears of a dog please reach out they will have a good life with me. ;)

There was also a person on here a couple months ago with a family member who was in the military or something. Had his 1 yr old cropped/ docked male dobie. Looking for a good home. The dobie looked handsome. Ill see if I can find the post

I dont know how to paste it on here but he is under the name "Andre" on this site. It was back in February but the dog seems to fit all that you mentioned

I wish you success!

Yes, from what I'm hearing, rescues orgs. do seem to be getting pretty persnickety.

I urge reconsidering the fence. I got my second Doberman for free on the condition I put up a five foot fence. I never regretted it, as it keeps the dog in and other things out.

Back